1. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 16:07
    I think there is an error in the time bank. As I watch the time bank decay on games with my opponents who must have abandoned the game my time bank is declining also on games where I have never over-stepped my time limits. In the following example I have 1.9 days remaining from an initial 7. I have the white pieces and it is black's turn to move.

Could someone please explain this discrepancy.

Game Details
    My Color White
    Game State In progress
    To Move Black
    Rated Yes
    Game Created Jun 04 2008 07:50
    Time controls
    Move Timeout 7 days
    Initial Timebank 7 days
    Timebank days remaining
    1.9White
    0.24Black

Time controls
    7 days per move. 7 days timebank.
    Black has 22 hours and 36 minutes to move. (plus timebank)
    Black has 5 hours and 45 minutes of timebank remaining.
    White has 1 day 21 hours and 31 minutes of timebank remaining.
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 16:44
    Originally posted by petrovitch
    I think there is an error in the time bank. As I watch the time bank decay on games with my opponents who must have abandoned the game my time bank is declining also on games where I have never over-stepped my time limits. In the following example I have 1.9 days remaining from an initial 7. I have the white pieces and it is black's turn to move.

...[text shortened]... minutes of timebank remaining.
    White has 1 day 21 hours and 31 minutes of timebank remaining.
    To prove there is an error you'll have to get the PGN with timings of the moves.

On the My Games page there's a link Email Games (top right). Go there and select the right options to include the game in question. Make sure you check the 'Include move times' check box.

You'll then get an email sent with the full PGN of a load of games all of which have the move and the time the move was made. You should be able to see exactly how much timebank was used and when.
  3. Joined
    08 May '07
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 16:49
    Thanks for your quick reply. But if I have never overstepped my allotted time for each move then how can my time bank decay? Am I missing something?
  4. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    24 Oct '08 16:59
    Originally posted by petrovitch
    Thanks for your quick reply. But if I have never overstepped my allotted time for each move then how can my time bank decay? Am I missing something?
    Check out your timings and if there is a problem you'll need to send feedback about the bug.

If you stay within the timeout period, then I agree - you should still have a full timebank.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree