Timebank

Standard memberSerendipity
Help 15 Jul '05 11:04
  1. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 11:04
    If im not moving after the 3day time period set then why is my timebank ging down...yet another gliche I guess πŸ™„
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirateβ„’
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 11:14
    Originally posted by Serendipity
    If im not moving after the 3day time period set then why is my timebank ging down...yet another gliche I guess πŸ™„
    That's what is MEANT to be happening!

If you don't move in the set time period (3 days in your case) than your timebank decreases... that's what timebanks are for! Once your timebank hits zero you can be timed out.
  3. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 11:14
    cause you not moving? Unless I missed something, if you don`t move then it starts eating into your timebank
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 11:20
    Urm....maybe I worded my question badly.....what I was trying to say is that if I'm not moving after the 3day period set, meaning that I'm moving within it, actually well within it, then why is my timebank going down??
  5. Standard memberhowitzer
    rockling
    The crags
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 15:341 edit
    Urm....maybe I worded my question badly.....what I was trying to say is that if I'm not moving after the 3day period set, meaning that I'm moving within it, actually well within it, then why is my timebank going down??
    The simplest wording has to be from the FAQ ( http://www.timeforchess.com/help/index.php?help=faq ) :

Each game has a timeout period, specified in days. If you do not move within this period you will start eating into your timebank period. ..

Unlike the timeout period which gets reset after each move, the timebank period never gets restored.

The remaining timebank period for both players in any game can be viewed graphically by clicking the 'info' link next to that game in the 'My Games' view.

h
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 15:39
    Lets try again, there was a 3day period set with a 7day timebank. I ALWAYS moved BEFORE the 3day period therefore my timebank should remain at 7days but it hasn't ...... my opponent has constanly gone over the 3day period and yet their timebank has more time than mine....
  7. Standard memberhowitzer
    rockling
    The crags
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 16:04
    Lets try again, there was a 3day period set with a 7day timebank. I ALWAYS moved BEFORE the 3day period therefore my timebank should remain at 7days but it hasn't ...... my opponent has constanly gone over the 3day period and yet their timebank has more time than mine....
    Can you post the information that you are seeing when you press the info button on My Games. e.g. something like
    My Color -
    Move Timeout -
    Initial Timebank -
    Timebank Days Remaining
    White -
    Black -

8. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 16:06
    Originally posted by howitzer
    Can you post the information that you are seeing when you press the info button on My Games. e.g. something like
    My Color -
    Move Timeout -
    Initial Timebank -
    Timebank Days Remaining
    White -
    Black -

Game Details 1199587
    My Color White
    Game State In progress
    Game Created Jun 08 09:35
    Move Timeout 3 days
    Initial Timebank 7 days
    Rated Yes
    Public Yes
    Get PGN/FEN

Timebank days remaining
    White 4.92
    Black 6.05

9. Standard memberhowitzer
    rockling
    The crags
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 16:13
    Well if what you say is true then there i definitely a problem - your information makes it look like you took at more than three days on at least one of your moves.

I would get in touch with the admin folk. First though, gather the move times for this game - go to My Games, follow the link to Email My Games, select Include Move Times, click Send Games, cut and paste moves times from the email.

The site admins would certainly appreciate your contact if there is a problem.
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 16:16
    Well i did mail them about this a couple of times but as yet no reply, maybe only subscribers get replys? πŸ™‚
  11. Standard memberhowitzer
    rockling
    The crags
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 16:30
    Well i did mail them about this a couple of times but as yet no reply, maybe only subscribers get replys? πŸ™‚
    Non-subscribers get help too J

Maybe Russ is on holiday? Does anyone know?
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '03
    Moves
    15 Jul '05 16:35
    Originally posted by howitzer
    Non-subscribers get help too J

Maybe Russ is on holiday? Does anyone know?
    It's not a biggy, it won't affect me, was just frustrated when that happened just after I got timed out on a game where only 2moves had occured and I got points deducted, though points were only deducted for 3moves upwards

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree