1. Joined
    02 Jun '07
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 18:51
    Hello
    I have 2 games that both have timed out, and I either am not looking in the right spot for the 'skull' button of it's not there. Can someone tell me where exactly to look or why its not there? I read the FAQ and I looked where it said it should be, but it's not there.
    Thanks
  2. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 18:59
    Which games are it? I can't find any in your public games that seem to fit your description.

Adje
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 19:01
    Originally posted by lordofrussia834
    Hello
    I have 2 games that both have timed out, and I either am not looking in the right spot for the 'skull' button of it's not there. Can someone tell me where exactly to look or why its not there? I read the FAQ and I looked where it said it should be, but it's not there.
    Thanks
    Next to your game click "Info". This should tell you "Move Time Out" (time for each move) as well as "Initial Time Bank" (This is extra time each player has)

You will also want to see if the person you are playing has an Vacation going on. If they do, you can't time them out. They would have a yellow icon with an airplane if they are on vacation.

P-
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 19:03
    Originally posted by adje
    Which games are it? I can't find any in your public games that seem to fit your description.

Adje
    Perhaps this person doesn't realize a 1 day game is 1 day for each move? I forgot we could check game clocks now.

P-
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 08:121 edit
    Originally posted by lordofrussia834
    Hello
    Thanks
    You also have one game which yu should resign (mate in 1) and not hang out the gamer on a 7-day timebank.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 13:33
    Originally posted by chienlung
    You also have one game which yu should resign (mate in 1) and not hang out the gamer on a 7-day timebank.
    No advice to games in progress - perhaps one player doesn't see any suggested move. 😲
  7. The sky
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 13:39
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    No advice to games in progress - perhaps one player doesn't see any suggested move. 😲
    I believe chienlung is not a third party in that game.
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 14:53
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I believe chienlung is not a third party in that game.
    Oh - well in that case, no urging opponents to resign. Bad chess etiquette. 😳
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 16:41
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Oh - well in that case, no urging opponents to resign. Bad chess etiquette. 😳
    So hanging out a lost game by refusing to move, despite a reminder, and waiting for the expiry of a timwbank to 'timeout' instead of resigning is good 'chess etiquette'? Clearly you do not know anymore about it than he does.
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 20:40
    So hanging out a lost game by refusing to move, despite a reminder, and waiting for the expiry of a timwbank to 'timeout' instead of resigning is good 'chess etiquette'? Clearly you do not know anymore about it than he does.
    So that entitles you to be an ignoramus does it - oh OK.

Either way, I didn't say what he did was "good chess etiquette" - why does that have anything to do with it anyway? It doesn't!!!
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    11 Jun '07 12:29
    Just because someone else has bad chess etiquette does not mean you should reduce yourselves to their level.

Have you ever thought that the person never received your move reminder? I have now turned mine off but before I just classed them as junk so they disappeared into a big black hole.

Have you ever thought the person may prefer for you to checkmate them rather than resign?

At the end of the day you will win the game so why worry too much?

Also add the player to your "This player is a complete *wat and I do not want to play them again" list.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree