1. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    27 Oct '03 03:55
    Any progress in the vacation protection allowance?
  2. Pretoria, SA
    Moves
    28 Oct '03 09:25
    As a non star player I'm limited 2 only 6 games. This is very fustrating when my opponents are only making 2 moves a week. Ideally I would like to set the TO for 1 day but I can't do that cas I only play during the week & it would timeout over the weekend.

I would suggest a system similar to actual board games where you start the clock and you have a certain number of moves (eg 10) to make in the allocated time. Perhaps it could be considered having the TO options as:
    10 moves every (hour, day, week, month)
    Play times in 30min incr, start time & end time (GMT)
    Pause clock over weekends (Yes/No)

Then the options to suggested a break is being called and the opponent can draw/delete/postpone the game with the associated TO penalties is good
  3. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    04 Nov '03 21:17
    Originally posted by miless
    As a non star player I'm limited 2 only 6 games. This is very fustrating when my opponents are only making 2 moves a week. Ideally I would like to set the TO for 1 day but I can't do that cas I only play during the week & it would timeout over the weekend.

I would suggest a system similar to actual board games where you start the clock and you have a c ...[text shortened]... lled and the opponent can draw/delete/postpone the game with the associated TO penalties is good
    Check here:
    http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?id=5993
    Time Outs: purposal for a new system
    I think either option would be great. Personally I like fast games, less than 3 days, but can't play them because I normally go on vacation for a few weeks in the summer. So I have to reduce my game load down to 0, starting usually in January or February to make plans for June. This creates another problem, I can't join tournaments for obvious reasons. This year I had the next round start prior to going on vacation, creating the need to look for an internet cafe on my personal time off.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree