Titled Players

Titled Players

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I
Attire Advisor

The Chi

Moves
09 Aug 04

In light of the recent run in of fakes * cough lets not name names. I think a good idea would be to if a player is titled they should be able to have the title next to there name FM, IM, GM, WIM, WGM. They would have to of course send proof of ID, but it might be a good idea in showing strong, titled players respect.

j

Moves
09 Aug 04

That's a nice idea.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
10 Aug 04

how can it be easily proved that it is the same person?
it is a good idea - but how can it be done?

T

Moves
10 Aug 04

Originally posted by flexmore
how can it be easily proved that it is the same person?
it is a good idea - but how can it be done?
You could always ask for USCF ID or FIDE ID, or something that proves you are who you say you are.

-TT

stitching you up

Moves
10 Aug 04

Originally posted by TimmyToilet
You could always ask for USCF ID or FIDE ID, or something that proves you are who you say you are.

-TT
Are these things so secret thatthey prove a persons identity? If so how would Russ be able to verify them? Would people be willing to hand them out so freely if someone else's knowledge of them would allow impersonation?

I would like to see it in the ToS that you should not create an ID with a user name of a known chess player unless you really are that person. It might already be there, but if not it'd make sense to me.

T

Moves
10 Aug 04
1 edit

Originally posted by belgianfreak
Are these things so secret thatthey prove a persons identity? If so how would Russ be able to verify them? Would people be willing to hand them out so freely if someone else's knowledge of them would allow impersonation?

I would li ...[text shortened]... son. It might already be there, but if not it'd make sense to me.
The actual USCF card is not private enough not to give out (There is also a private pin number not on the card). So in theory, one could always send Russ a copy of the card to prove who they are, if people want to be sure they are interacting with the real person

-TT