tounament draw

Standard memberLarkie
Help 03 May '07 11:23
  1. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    03 May '07 11:23
    I reached the final of a knockout tournament. My opponent and I both won our white games. No-one seems to have been declared a winner but there seems to be no automatic re-match. I set up a re-match manually but this game does not appear as a tournament game.
    What happens now?
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    03 May '07 11:41
    Originally posted by Larkie
    I reached the final of a knockout tournament. My opponent and I both won our white games. No-one seems to have been declared a winner but there seems to be no automatic re-match. I set up a re-match manually but this game does not appear as a tournament game.
    What happens now?
    If there are two (or more) players with the same points from a group after all the games in that group have been played, then those players progress to the next round.

You'll just have to wait for the next round to appear.
  3. Joined
    01 Apr '05
    Moves
    03 May '07 13:52
    Thanks for that, I know this happens during the course of a tournament, but this was the final, ie there are no further rounds. Presumably there will be a re-match set up in due course....?
  4. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    03 May '07 21:29
    Originally posted by Larkie
    Thanks for that, I know this happens during the course of a tournament, but this was the final, ie there are no further rounds. Presumably there will be a re-match set up in due course....?
    A tournament does not have a fixed number of rounds, the final round must have a winner. So in the case where a single group remains and the position is drawn, then another round will be created.

Maybe your next round will be the final, maybe you'll draw again and it won't - either way you'll be getting another round to the tournament.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree