1. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    31 Jan '04 10:55
    Hi Russ,

How about an invitation tournament for the top ten (twenty if you like) players on the site? This would provide competetive games for the participants and the rest of us would probably learn something from the games. It would also produce a site champion (Red Hot King?).🙂
  2. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    31 Jan '04 11:33
    Originally posted by colleman
    Hi Russ,

How about an invitation tournament for the top ten (twenty if you like) players on the site? This would provide competetive games for the participants and the rest of us would probably learn something from the games. It would also produce a site champion (Red Hot King?).🙂
    red-hot-queen might be better, both male and female can take that title. and i believe there is a girly type hiding in there somewhere.
  3. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    31 Jan '04 17:18
    Originally posted by flexmore
    red-hot-queen might be better, both male and female can take that title. and i believe there is a girly type hiding in there somewhere.
    Maybe, but I know who my money would be on!😀
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    31 Jan '04 21:27
    this could be very interesting for kibitzing the top games here...
    th
  5. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    01 Feb '04 20:17
    How about a player competition table for the top 50 or 100 players on the site? This table would show the games played among all top players, with the results of the matches between them.
    -Bob
  6. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    01 Feb '04 23:00
    Originally posted by SkipSlot
    How about a player competition table for the top 50 or 100 players on the site? This table would show the games played among all top players, with the results of the matches between them.
    -Bob
    Hey,

Start your own thread!😠😠
  7. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    02 Feb '04 03:101 edit
    Originally posted by colleman
    Hey,

Start your own thread!😠😠
    My friend, I was tring to save you but obviously you wasn't interested.
    You will never get the top player in a match. There's too many variables. You would have to start planning months ahead of time, because these players will want to reduce their game load substantually in preparation for such an event. Everybody seems to have different things they want to do, because they have freedom of choice here. I personally would love to play in all clan games. but that's not going to happen unless I'm content with 4 active games and I'm not. Sorry to upset you but I speak of experience here not theory. I won't work, not 100% anyway. Maybe 80% agreement but no more.
  8. Joined
    27 Nov '03
    Moves
    02 Feb '04 12:07
    Originally posted by SkipSlot
    My friend, I was tring to save you but obviously you wasn't interested.
    You will never get the top player in a match. There's too many variables. You would have to start planning months ahead of time, because these players will want to reduce their game load substantually in preparation for such an event. Everybody seems to have different things they wan ...[text shortened]... of experience here not theory. I won't work, not 100% anyway. Maybe 80% agreement but no more.
    You caught me at a bad moment - sorry!

However I don't agree with you, 80% would be fine; if two of the top ten don't want to play then the next two highest rated players get in.

In my experience good players don't duck a challenge.
  9. Sanremo
    Moves
    02 Feb '04 20:25
    For sure games among the best players would be nice for many players here, but i think that a lot of people (me too) don't understand the reason of many moves. Behind a move there are many and many things and without comments or notes it's difficult to understand.
    Cristina
  10. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    03 Feb '04 02:10
    I understand what your saying Cristina, there always the move behind the move that sets up another parallel move. I have sometimes analyzed to a depth of 12 deep to test the integrity of one move. Sometimes you never know what your opponent is planning and in a tourney of this nature with only 3 days, there will be some blunders for sure. But to go into combat against the best players of the site? That would be something else. We are very close to accomplishing that with our New Server tourney Upper division, I think this is a very good field of talent and am very much looking forward to some good chess. I don't think anyone here will deny that statement.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree