1. Standard memberPrefect
    Ford Prefect
    Moves
    19 Mar '04 10:26
    When I go under my tournaments. All my tournaments is not shown only the ones most resently that can fit on one page. It would also be nice if it was possible to sort them after it your still in the tourny or out. Is this something you can do something about Russ.

Prefect.
  2. Standard memberNicolaiS
    Cannabist
    's-Gravenhage
    Moves
    19 Mar '04 11:31
    I have a question as well. With the new rule about the ability to enroll in a tournements perhaps something can be added. For example: the Rookie tournements are created for the lesser Gods amongst us (like me) to play eachother.

But the people with an provisional rating can enlist as well, sometimes their ratings are far better then when they enlisted. The consequence is that those players will dominate that tournement. Is it possible to "refuse" provisional players from enlisting in rated tournements?

This is just an idea to level the competion, I no way I want to discourage people from enlisting in tournements, but these tournements are specificly created for lower rated players.
  3. Standard memberArther
    The Turtle Hermit
    Turtle Island
    Moves
    19 Mar '04 13:39
    I think you have a good point there. I'm a midi myself; but, I've been surprised to find, halfway thru a game that someone I thot was even to me is actually much stronger.😳
  4. Standard memberPrefect
    Ford Prefect
    Moves
    19 Mar '04 15:10
    I think maybe it would be enough just to say that people with a provinsinal rating is not allowed in a rating restricted tournaments.😏
  5. Standard membercaptainchaos
    Very inconsistent
    Sitting down
    Moves
    19 Mar '04 16:26
    Yeah, I agree with that. I mean the player may have a p1200 rating but play nearer to 1800, in which case he's going to win fairly comfortably.
  6. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    25 Mar '04 12:38
    Originally posted by Prefect
    I think maybe it would be enough just to say that people with a provinsinal rating is not allowed in a rating restricted tournaments.😏
    I definately agree. Whichever tourney I look at I see peopl ewith ratings hundreds above the 'maximum'. The 'highest rating in last 30 days' check should stop people who have recently dropped dramically from joining, but not provisional players.

Could it work to stop people progressing to the next round who have exceeded the original maximum by X amount? I don't mind 50 or even 100 points, but when I look at a tourney that I'm in which had a 1450 roof there are now players with 1800+.
  7. Standard memberPrefect
    Ford Prefect
    Moves
    29 Mar '04 11:33
    I think 200 above the rating limit in max rating the last 30 days would be a fair limit.πŸ™‚
    The option of archiving your tournaments, would be great. I hope Russ will be able to do it.πŸ˜€

Russ could you please give us and reply to this tread. We are some who are dying to hear your answear.πŸ˜›πŸ˜€

Prefect😲
  8. Standard membergotti2000
    The winemaker
    Austria
    Moves
    29 Mar '04 12:55
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    Could it work to stop people progressing to the next round who have exceeded the original maximum by X amount? I don't mind 50 or even 100 points, but when I look at a tourney that I'm in which had a 1450 roof there are now players with 1800+.
    That doesn't sound like a good option to me.
    It doesn't work for Tournaments all vs. all anyway.
    It's against every Tournament rules I know og to take somebody out just because he's got his rating improved!

No provisional ratings for rating-limited tournaments is the better option.

Gotti
  9. Standard memberPrefect
    Ford Prefect
    Moves
    30 Mar '04 13:17
    I'm sorry that I didn't make my recent remark clear enough. I'm against people being taken out in the middle of the tournemant. What I meant was that people who have above 200 the rating limit in max rating in the last 30 days. Should not be able to sign up. And when the tournament is in progress nobody should be taken no matter what rating they have.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Mar '04 14:341 edit
    I could create a filter for provisional players. I must be careful though, as the draw of the tournaments often make people subscribe. So it is something I could only use on rating banded tournaments. And no, I wound not stop anyone’s progress due to an increase in their rating.

As for archiving tournaments, I could allow only incomplete tournaments to be listed. I cannot archive them in the way games are archived.

-Russ
  11. Standard memberPrefect
    Ford Prefect
    Moves
    30 Mar '04 15:12
    Thanks for the reply Russ.
    It was only on ratingrestricted tournaments that we were talking about as far as I know.πŸ˜€
    What about the problem with not being able to see all your tournament in my tournaments page because theres only one page.:'(

Prefect.

PS. I think maybe you misunderstood us Russ. The point was that when you are under the my tournament page it what be nice to be able to archive the tournaments your were no longer in (because of your lack of chess skill).
  12. Standard memberPrefect
    Ford Prefect
    Moves
    08 Apr '04 23:53
    Just writing to let russ notice the tread.πŸ˜€
  13. Joined
    02 Dec '03
    Moves
    11 Apr '04 21:20
    Some players dont like provisional players to enter a tournament since their real skill isnt known yet. However, as Russ pointed out, tournaments is one of the things a players subscribes for.
    Therefore, not allowing provisional players to enter tournaments isnt the solution.

My idea...
    Why not having both "normal" tournaments AND "provisional-free" tournaments??

Grtz, Bart.
  14. Standard memberPrefect
    Ford Prefect
    Moves
    12 Apr '04 00:16
    It's only in the rating restricted tournaments that the provinsional players should not be able to enter.πŸ˜‰
  15. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '04 01:51
    Originally posted by Prefect
    It's only in the rating restricted tournaments that the provinsional players should not be able to enter.πŸ˜‰
    I think I have a solution. If the sub 1200's feel that they need protection from all those GM's sneaking around with a 'p' rating then petition Russ and get the cut-off lowered to 1199.

If the 'p' rated players feel that they are disadvantaged then petition Russ for a 'p' rated tourney only. This will achieve two things.

1) The 20 game criterium for a 'true' rating will be achieved in one tourney and will effectively sort the pecking order and
    2) Apples will be matched with apples and if the odd 'pear' emerges then this will be illuminated more quickly and thus provide some form of comfort to higher ranked players when and if these players do enter an open tourney. What others think?

skeeter

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree