Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. Standard member Varg
    Thinking...
    08 Apr '03 13:37
    How come more significance isn't given to tournament winners?
    Once somebody makes the great acheivement of winning, all they get is a mention on the page of the tournament itself, at the bottom.
    Maybe there should be a 'Hall of Fame' page, or something, which is directly linked to the home page and main menus.
  2. 08 Apr '03 13:56 / 1 edit
    And in there profile, like MAP-of-the-Month people get, winning a tournament is alot more inportent then winning motm
  3. Donation belgianfreak
    stitching you up
    08 Apr '03 14:37
    I agree, good idea to have a page for the winners. But one that hasn't been an issue really until recently - just how many tournaments have actually been completed? 2? 3?
  4. Standard member Varg
    Thinking...
    08 Apr '03 14:39
    Yeah, just a few, and it's not like I'm ever going to win anything, but ... 🙂
  5. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    08 Apr '03 16:36
    right! good idea! extra hall-of-fame-page AND profile pic or soemthing like the subs-star...
  6. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    08 Apr '03 22:14
    Yes, I agree. There should be a tournament winners table. By this time next year, we may even have more than 3 people in it 🙂

I will do this at some point. (It is not a big job)

-Russ
  7. 09 Apr '03 05:26 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Yes, I agree. There should be a tournament winners table. By this time next year, we may even have more than 3 people in it 🙂

-Russ
    And then have a tournament of Champions!

Rolf

Son of Luck (Harri)
  8. Donation belgianfreak
    stitching you up
    09 Apr '03 11:25

-Russ
    Yay Russ. It's nice to be listened to 😀

A tournament of champions might not work, becasue I'm willing to bet the "Clash of the Titans" winner will beat the "rookie" winner, and so on. Not meaning to diss your idea.
  9. Standard member Varg
    Thinking...
    09 Apr '03 12:47
    Thanks for listening Russ 😀
  10. 09 Apr '03 16:48
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    Yay Russ. It's nice to be listened to 😀

A tournament of champions might not work, becasue I'm willing to bet the "Clash of the Titans" winner will beat the "rookie" winner, and so on. Not meaning to diss your idea.
    I am sure of that, but consider that when you play in other tournaments, the highest ranked player is playing someone who is well below in experience and skill.
    Right now, the highest ranked rookie cup player is Excello with the rating of 1476, everything is possible.
    Even I did beat Donnel in the Quick Fire III despite the fact that he was in the top 20 at that time!

Rolf,

Son of Luck
  11. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    09 Apr '03 17:32
    Originally posted by Silver24
    I am sure of that, but consider that when you play in other tournaments, the highest ranked player is playing someone who is well below in experience and skill.
    Right now, the highest ranked rookie cup player is Excello with the rating of 1476, everything is possible.
    Even I did beat Donnel in the Quick Fire III despite the fact that he was in the top 20 at that time!

Rolf,

Son of Luck
    very nice! congratualtions!
    it's encouraging..
    th
  12. Donation belgianfreak
    stitching you up
    09 Apr '03 19:14

Rolf,

Son of Luck
    fair points 🙂
  13. 09 Apr '03 19:26
    Originally posted by thire
    very nice! congratualtions!
    it's encouraging..
    th
    Thanks, now he is punishing my dad, Luck!

Rolf
  14. Standard member thire
    Xebite
    09 Apr '03 20:46
    Thanks, now he is punishing my dad, Luck!

Rolf
    sorry, but I didn't understand that one 🙄
    th (forigner)
  15. 10 Apr '03 02:31

-Russ
    Russ
    I am sorry but that does not make sense. I was recognised as the map of the month straight after winning the award. It seems to be permantly on my profile without me having any control.

Now if a fun nonsense award can be recognised straight away, even when their was only one. Why cann't a serious award be recognised in a similar manner no matter how many players have one tournaments.

If i did have (complete) control over me profile i would remove my map of the month recognition at least until ALL tournaments winners are equally recognised.

How about it Russ ?

-mike