1. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    29 Jul '04 08:43
    I am a subscriber here and wondered does that give me any rights on u chess? I play live chess on yahoo at the moment or rather I did, as I have recently been using this site exclusively. But I have found that my 'instant chess' has suffered as I have become used to analysing games too much before moving, so I need to play more live chess to get the balance right. So I wondered if there was any reason to defect from yahoo to u chess? Has anyone used both sites? if so have you any comments?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Jul '04 12:46
    uChess is related to this site - but only because the it has been developed by the same people. (I do most of the coding work here and on uChess)

They are (or will be) run as separate entities, but the relationship between them will remain - you will find many of the regular players on uChess are subscribers here.

As for if you should play at uChess or yahoo, that is entirely your choice, but I hope a friendly community of live/blitz addicts will develop around uChess in the future. I think it compliments the correspondence chess of this site quite nicely.

-Russ
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    29 Jul '04 13:59
    I've played a few games on U-chess where my opponent logs off and it shows that I win but it doesn't register on my rating or show on my games played and won. What's up with that? Thanx Dutton
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    29 Jul '04 16:23
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    I've played a few games on U-chess where my opponent logs off and it shows that I win but it doesn't register on my rating or show on my games played and won. What's up with that? Thanx Dutton
    uChess disconnections are now penalised with a loss - and ratings are adjusted accordingly.

-Russ
  5. Standard membertlai1992
    Retired knight
    Chess Castle
    Moves
    29 Jul '04 18:37
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    I am a subscriber here and wondered does that give me any rights on u chess? I play live chess on yahoo at the moment or rather I did, as I have recently been using this site exclusively. But I have found that my 'instant chess' has suffered as I have become used to analysing games too much before moving, so I need to play more live chess to get the bala ...[text shortened]... reason to defect from yahoo to u chess? Has anyone used both sites? if so have you any comments?
    dude u chess is cool except that i cant seem to get a game its kinda complicated and i wouldn't say no to some help
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Jul '04 19:23
    Request help in the uChess fourms - I will post assistance there.

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree