1. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    09 May '04 23:381 edit
    Would it be a good idea to add a link somewhere here on RHP that would show a list of players waiting for a live game at uChess?

When we're logged on here and have our games caught up, and are just browsing through the forums and waiting for someone to make a move, it might be handy to be able to click the uChess link and get a quick look to see if someone is waiting for a live game over there. I'm suggesting just a quick look at the waiting list without having to actually log in at uChess.

Several people have expressed frustration when logging in at uChess and sitting around waiting for someone else to show up for a game. Some of the players here have expressed an interest in playing a game quickly. This feature might be helpful to both groups!

Any thoughts on this??
  2. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    10 May '04 05:50
    Sounds great!
  3. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    10 May '04 07:58
    I put this to Russ and he`s "working on it" 😀
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 May '04 08:071 edit
    This is not really possible as you ask.

But, there is an uChess link on every page (footer links) and surely clicking this to see a list of waiting games on uChess is no different to providing a RHP link which would do the same? (Still one click - the first page to load on uChess is the waiting games if you are logged in.)

-Russ
  5. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    10 May '04 08:29
    Cheers Russ
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    10 May '04 15:021 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    This is not really possible as you ask.

But, there is an uChess link on every page (footer links) and surely clicking this to see a list of waiting games on uChess is no different to providing a RHP link which would do the same? (Still one ...[text shortened]... d on uChess is the waiting games if you are logged in.)

-Russ
    I tried that, but was unable to keep my RHP window open and go to the uChess site at the same time. I also had to sign on at uChess.

question: When I click the back button to get back to RHP, do I still appear as being present on the waiting list at uChess (a ghost), or is my name removed when I get back to the RHP site?

<added with edit> OK, figured it out finally. If I hold down the shift key and click the uChess link, I get a seperate window for each site. So I think that should work.

Marc
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    11 May '04 11:10
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I tried that, but was unable to keep my RHP window open and go to the uChess site at the same time. I also had to sign on at uChess.

question: When I click the back button to get back to RHP, do I still appear as being present on the waiting list at uChess (a ghost), or is my name removed when I get back to the RHP site?

<added with edit> OK, figur ...[text shortened]... ick the uChess link, I get a seperate window for each site. So I think that should work.

Marc
    The 'shift click' trick is the most useful surfing tip I know.

I use it constantly.

You will now only appear on uChess if you are viewing the page in a browser - the ghosting problem is gone. (Well, there is one very rare instance when it happens – but the person will appear to be in a game.)

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree