Unfair Play

Standard memberLuke7
Help 26 Jun '05 09:54
  1. Joined
    16 Jun '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '05 09:54
    A guest player by the name of lumpenon, Game No 1238628 issued an open challenge for a 1 hour game, I accepted. Approx 1hour later this guy was well and truly beaten, he decided to bail out and leave the game unfinished. Despite a couple of e-mails to this guy I have been waiting over 24hrs now for this guy to complete the 1 hour game he requested. It would appear that the game in question does not have a time frame.

Is there any way I can claim a win in this situation?
  2. In your face
    Moves
    26 Jun '05 10:38
    Originally posted by Luke7
    A guest player by the name of lumpenon, Game No 1238628 issued an open challenge for a 1 hour game, I accepted. Approx 1hour later this guy was well and truly beaten, he decided to bail out and leave the game unfinished. Despite a couple of e-mails to this guy I have been waiting over 24hrs now for this guy to complete the 1 hour game he requested. It would ap ...[text shortened]... in question does not have a time frame.

Time him out as soon as you can. Look in my games, then look at the game in questoin and click on 'info'. This should tell you how long the move time out is on that game. The move time out is how long it takes on each move before the move time bank starts depleting. Once the timebank has fully depleted, you can hit the skull and cross bones next to the game and la voila! Victoire.
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    26 Jun '05 10:391 edit
    This is a correspondance chess site. The shortest timeout is 1 day per move. Check the info of the game by clicking on the info link on your games page. Notice when the last move was made. After both the timeout and timebank (read the FAQ for timebank information) have expired you can claim a win.

If you want faster games then use Uchess or some other live chess site.

EDIT: Beaten.
  4. Joined
    16 Jun '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '05 11:22
    Thanks guys.
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 01:52
    If he is a non-subscriber it won't be long b4 he resigns/times out. He only gets 6 games, why waste one slot?
  6. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 16:47
    Originally posted by Luke7
    War is war, loser.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree