Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 21 Aug '05 21:27
    why oh why are unrated games included in the statistics of wins and losses?
    This is an idiotic and absurd policy.
  2. Standard member Nyxie
    The eyes of truth
    21 Aug '05 22:18
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    why oh why are unrated games included in the statistics of wins and losses?
    This is an idiotic and absurd policy.
    It was easier.
  3. Standard member celticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    22 Aug '05 16:12
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    why oh why are unrated games included in the statistics of wins and losses?
    This is an idiotic and absurd policy.
    i see you have played 1 unrated game.....

    Care to retract the insults?
  4. Subscriber noxidjkram
    Anal(yst) Programmer
    22 Aug '05 18:15
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    why oh why are unrated games included in the statistics of wins and losses?
    This is an idiotic and absurd policy.
    Why is it "idiotic and absurd"??

    Please explain your reasoning behind this statement.

    To me, these games are still ones you have played and hence should be counted.

    If it is not the way you would like it, you could raise it in the Site Ideas forum; alongside this, you could post your alternative to this way of doing things.

    M
  5. 22 Aug '05 20:14
    Originally posted by noxidjkram
    Why is it "idiotic and absurd"??

    Please explain your reasoning behind this statement.

    To me, these games are still ones you have played and hence should be counted.

    If it is not the way you would like it, you could raise it in the Site Ideas forum; alongside this, you could post your alternative to this way of doing things.

    M
    Oh sorry, my reasoning:
    Why are unrated games "unrated"? So that they won't count.
    Why don't they count?
    Because they are casual or instructional or experimental.
    If you really must make them count, have them in their own category.
  6. 22 Aug '05 20:15
    an issue is, sometimes you get an "unrated" game counted when a tournament game ends before 2 moves. Should that be added to your profile?
  7. 22 Aug '05 20:35
    Originally posted by Coconut
    an issue is, sometimes you get an "unrated" game counted when a tournament game ends before 2 moves. Should that be added to your profile?
    Yes, those may be counted as wins and losses because they were intended as serious games. But it wouldn't bother me if they weren't counted, either.
  8. Subscriber noxidjkram
    Anal(yst) Programmer
    23 Aug '05 08:16
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    Oh sorry, my reasoning:
    Why are unrated games "unrated"? So that they won't count.
    Why don't they count?
    Because they are casual or instructional or experimental.
    If you really must make them count, have them in their own category.
    I see your point - there could be reasons for having them count ro not i suspect.

    Perhaps there could be a choice on the unrated games page:

    e.g.

    a) List this in my games won/lost.

    b) Dont list this in my games won/lost.