1. Joined
    16 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 10:47
    I'm currently playing in a Tournament...

http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=1339

In my group I won one and drew one against Wiseowl... who then resigned both of his other games (obviously in a tantrum) so now my other opponent (OneSharpeGuy) is gifted 6 points and I have 4.

Surely this sort of behaviour is frowned upon? Perhaps players that eject themselves out of a tournament in this way should have all of their games deemed as losses... that way no-one is penalised?!

C.
  2. Waterloo
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 11:17
    Originally posted by bartlecp
    I'm currently playing in a Tournament...

http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=1339

In my group I won one and drew one against Wiseowl... who then resigned both of his other games (obviously in a tantrum) so now my other opponent (OneSharpeGuy) is gifted 6 points and I have 4.

Surely this sort of behaviour is frowned upon? Perhaps playe ...[text shortened]... his way should have all of their games deemed as losses... that way no-one is penalised?!

C.
    Hi Bartlecp,

You beat me fair and square, and are a very capable player, certain of beating onesharpeguy. If I hadn't resigned the games, then I'd have likely been timed out anyway.

There's absolutely no sour grapes and good luck with the rest of the tournament
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 11:28
    Fair enough I'll let you off then... Hopefully I shall beat the other guy... I too have a lot of games on the go and am in a big tourney that I will not be progressing in (You're in it too actually you're winning one group!) but I'll play all the games out...

I suggest you don't enter yourself into Tourneys that you don't have the time to play.

C.
  4. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 20:19
    Originally posted by bartlecp
    Fair enough I'll let you off then... Hopefully I shall beat the other guy... I too have a lot of games on the go and am in a big tourney that I will not be progressing in (You're in it too actually you're winning one group!) but I'll play all the games out...

I suggest you don't enter yourself into Tourneys that you don't have the time to play.

C.
    The point is (and a good one too) that if bartlecp loses at least one game against onesharpguy, then he will be be unfairly behind in points. I.e. wiseowls resignations gave onesharpguy a (possibly unfair) advantage. But how would RHP manage this? Or is the point (as stated by barlecp) not to enter tournaments you are not sure you have time for. The uncertain timeframe can make this tricky in tournaments, but what is the alternative?
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    19 Sep '06 06:471 edit
    Originally posted by impatient
    The point is (and a good one too) that if bartlecp loses at least one game against onesharpguy, then he will be be unfairly behind in points. I.e. wiseowls resignations gave onesharpguy a (possibly unfair) advantage. But how would RHP manage this? Or is the point (as stated by barlecp) not to enter tournaments you are not sure you have time for. The uncertain timeframe can make this tricky in tournaments, but what is the alternative?
    But then - what should one do?

Scenario: You enter a 8 group tournament, you win the first round and after 6 month the next round begins at point of time that doesn't fit you. You are not sure that you will be able to play all the game out.

What should you do?
    Lose every game so everyone is treated fair? But then the next to winner from round 1 is not treated fair, he should have your place and play in round 2, right? Or should you play the games and do the best of it?

So you start the games, 14 new games, you have a too high game load and you realize that you will lose some of then due to blunder caused of your high time pressure. Is this fair? Especially after winning a few of the games? Should you rather give up the remaining games? What will then the one who feel they won their games with sweat and tears? They think it's not fair that some win easy and they won with strong effort.

Doesn't matter how you do. Some will think they are treated unfair. And You can't do anything about it.

The first tournament I entered in march is still going at round 1. How is it possible to plan for round 2 in March? And then it is a round 3 too. Is it advisable to plan ahead a whole year in advance? I say no.

This unfairness is as life itself, it just is unfair for some, and for others it is very fair...
  6. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    19 Sep '06 15:36
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    But then - what should one do?

Scenario: You enter a 8 group tournament, you win the first round and after 6 month the next round begins at point of time that doesn't fit you. You are not sure that you will be able to play all the game out.

What should you do?
    Lose every game so everyone is treated fair? But then the next to winner from round 1 is ...[text shortened]... unfairness is as life itself, it just is unfair for some, and for others it is very fair...
    true - well said

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree