1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    03 Jul '06 03:41
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    It is obvious Mate in three.
    No it's not.

Just to make my point clear. That is the position before white sacs a queen which scruffyjeffy claims indicates cheating. The queen sac is indeed winning but if you stick the position into an engine it'll tell you that Qd4! is the best move by two pawns.
  2. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    03 Jul '06 09:40
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    The queen sac is indeed winning but if you stick the position into an engine it'll tell you that Qd4! is the best move by two pawns.
    Any engine?
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    03 Jul '06 09:57
    Originally posted by rhb
    Any engine?
    Both Fritz and Crafty agree and the gap is wide enough that I'd think almost all engines would agree.
  4. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    03 Jul '06 12:21
    Both Fritz and Crafty agree and the gap is wide enough that I'd think almost all engines would agree.
    I found the game in question. So you are saying based on that one move you think the played wasn't using an engine? Because he moved Qd1xg4 instead, of Qd4 right?
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    03 Jul '06 12:54
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I found the game in question. So you are saying based on that one move you think the played wasn't using an engine? Because he moved Qd1xg4 instead, of Qd4 right?
    I can't say anything of the sort based on one move. I can however say that claiming someone is a cheat based on that move is ridiculous.
  6. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    03 Jul '06 20:38
    I can't say anything of the sort based on one move. I can however say that claiming someone is a cheat based on that move is ridiculous.
    Understood and I Agree. Wish you had said that earlier.
  7. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    05 Jul '06 13:59
    Won't be able to check this until I get home but, I agree that saying someone is cheating based on one move is ridiculous. Even more ridiculous if its true that an engine prefers Queen to d4 over the queen sac though, if engine settings are modified, it may take g4 instead. As bad as my end game has been on here I probably would have completely missed the g4 move and done d4 myself, hard to say. I would have thought most people would miss that move while an engine wouldnt.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree