1. Pennsylvania,USA
    Moves
    26 Apr '03 11:58
    How do you turn on vacation settings? Or don't we have these here?
  2. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    26 Apr '03 12:25
    Click on the 'My Home' pull down menu in the top left corner, and select 'My Vacation Settings'. If you click the 'On Vacation' button it will display an icon by your name to indicate you are on vacation.

-Dave
  3. Standard memberCFC
    Zak the mad boy
    Stamford Bridge
    Moves
    28 Apr '03 16:03
    What does the vacation settings do?
  4. Standard memberorkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    A galaxy far away
    Moves
    28 Apr '03 16:19
    Originally posted by CFC
    What does the vacation settings do?
    It alerts all play that you are unable to move because you have gone on vacation. Although it does not stop opponents claiming move timeouts. 😛
  5. Standard memberCFC
    Zak the mad boy
    Stamford Bridge
    Moves
    28 Apr '03 16:21
    Originally posted by orkyboy
    It alerts all play that you are unable to move because you have gone on vacation. Although it does not stop opponents claiming move timeouts. 😛
    That's a bit dumb. There's always those people who do it anyway.
  6. Standard memberorkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    A galaxy far away
    Moves
    28 Apr '03 16:47
    Originally posted by CFC
    That's a bit dumb. There's always those people who do it anyway.
    Most people won't claim games if your " on vacation " setting is on. I know I wouldn't. Maybe we should get Russ to make it so your opponent can't claim time out if you have the " on vacation " setting on. 😛
  7. Standard memberCFC
    Zak the mad boy
    Stamford Bridge
    Moves
    28 Apr '03 18:06
    Most people won't claim games if your " on vacation " setting is on. I know I wouldn't. Maybe we should get Russ to make it so your opponent can't claim time out if you have the " on vacation " setting on. 😛
    Exactly my point.😏
  8. Amsterdam
    Moves
    28 Apr '03 22:03
    No that wouldn't be right, cause this way people just turn their vacation setting on and can't be timed-out!

Olav
  9. Standard memberorkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    A galaxy far away
    Moves
    29 Apr '03 18:12
    Originally posted by LivingLegend
    No that wouldn't be right, cause this way people just turn their vacation setting on and can't be timed-out!

Olav
    Yes, but at present if your " on vacation " setting is on you can't move or post. 😛
  10. Standard memberCFC
    Zak the mad boy
    Stamford Bridge
    Moves
    29 Apr '03 18:15
    Originally posted by LivingLegend

Olav
    That's the whole point of this thread. 2 stop people claiming wins on people who r on vacation.
  11. Standard memberorkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    A galaxy far away
    Moves
    29 Apr '03 18:18
    Originally posted by CFC
    That's the whole point of this thread. 2 stop people claiming wins on people who r on vacation.
    No what he was saying was people who aren't on vacation would put on the on vacation settings and just claim the time-outs when they came up. I said you can't do that because you can't move or post when the on vacation settings are on.😛
  12. Standard memberCFC
    Zak the mad boy
    Stamford Bridge
    Moves
    29 Apr '03 19:14
    No what he was saying was people who aren't on vacation would put on the on vacation settings and just claim the time-outs when they came up. I said you can't do that because you can't move or post when the on vacation settings are on.😛
    I have once.
  13. Standard memberorkyboy
    Looooney Ork
    A galaxy far away
    Moves
    29 Apr '03 19:52
    Originally posted by CFC
    I have once.
    Thats cheating. It's unfair on other players. I'm surprised they didn't complain about you. 😛
  14. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Apr '03 09:201 edit
    Just a girls perspective. I ignore "vacation " postings and claim the timeout win if RHP offers it. NO EXCEPTIONS

I haven't been an RHP player very long but already I notice some disturbing trends in tourney play.

It's all related to the amount of current games the player has running and then when they enter a tournament with a short time out ( eg. base camp) the work load expotentially increases and said players cannot simply keep up and offer QUALITY play.

So you have the situation of day two into the tourney and players are "suddenly" having to take vacations!!

No names - no pack drill but in my pool I timed out two opponnents who "vacated" on day two and after the 72 hour limit as decreed in the tourney conditions they were spazzed and I had 12 easy points.

This is in line with what Russ is setting up for future tourneys with auto time outs , no vacation wimp-outs and so minimul delays in getting pool results which is a huge grumble.

Now to Mr.Attitude ( ana CFC ) anyone read his profile lately?
    What a plebb - gets everything for nothing and then complains about it. I normally wouldn't mind but this is a great site run on the smell of peanuts and then is critisised by players who will not contribute to its upkeep.

This may seem a bit strong but my message to CFC is: pay up or shut up!

Ending on a lighter note congrats to Russ on his marriage and the fact that he married a fellow Kiwi lass not only shows that he has great taste but also great vision.

the very best wishes to you both

Skeeter

15. Standard memberCFC
    Zak the mad boy
    Stamford Bridge
    Moves
    30 Apr '03 16:52
    Thats cheating. It's unfair on other players. I'm surprised they didn't complain about you. 😛
    I realized after I'd claimed the win. So that's why I started this thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree