Vacation

Standard memberKing Mob
Help 03 Dec '07 06:22
  1. Joined
    30 Sep '07
    Moves
    03 Dec '07 06:22
    OK, this may seem like a stupid question, but I'm a new user and need to book roughly 20 days of vacation time from Jan 08 - Feb 08. When I go to do this it tells me I only have nine days available for vacation in 2008.

I only signed up a few weeks ago, my understanding was that there should be 36 days available to me. 9 days isn't nearly enough. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Thanks all! :-)
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '07 06:503 edits
    Originally posted by King Mob
    OK, this may seem like a stupid question, but I'm a new user and need to book roughly 20 days of vacation time from Jan 08 - Feb 08. When I go to do this it tells me I only have nine days available for vacation in 2008.

I only signed up a few weeks ago, my understanding was that there should be 36 days available to me. 9 days isn't nearly enough. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

I understand you will be allocated 36 days for next year.

At the top [in the vacation settings page] above the calendar in the menu bar if you click on the 2008 section you should be able to book up.

If not, you could try sending feedback via the link at the bottom of this page.
  3. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    03 Dec '07 21:48
    Originally posted by King Mob

If you only signed up a few weeks ago then you haven't got the full allowance yet.
    After 1 years subscription you get 36 days. This is allocated out at 3 days a month on a pro-rata basis if you don't have the full year. (that's my understanding anyway).

Send feedback to the admins and state your case. Sign away the next five years of subs and your first-born - I'm sure they'll squeeze in three or four more days for you.
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 08:46
    Originally posted by orangutan
    If you only signed up a few weeks ago then you haven't got the full allowance yet.
    After 1 years subscription you get 36 days. This is allocated out at 3 days a month on a pro-rata basis if you don't have the full year. (that's my understanding anyway).

Send feedback to the admins and state your case. Sign away the next five years of subs and your first-born - I'm sure they'll squeeze in three or four more days for you.
    I don't think you get three days for each passed month you have been subscribed. In fact, I'm almost certain every subscriber will have 36 days for next year. Anyone who subscribes in Feb will get 33 days. March = 30 days and so on.
  5. Standard memberrhb
    Ginger Scum
    Paranoia
    Moves
    04 Dec '07 10:57
    Maybe there's a bug in the code which means that the value allocated in year 1 is rolled over to year 2 and onwards for new players? This would fit with the user having registered at end of Sep 2007.
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '07
    Moves
    10 Dec '07 08:34
    Thanks for the responses everyone, I'll let things go until the 1st of January and then start firing off emails if I haven't received more days 🙂

Cheers
  7. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '07 04:19
    Originally posted by orangutan

I got a whole 36 when I signed up in May. I think they did change it to be prorated though so if you signed up now you would get only 3, but get 36 as of Jan 1st.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree