1. Amersham, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 07:22
    My opponent has just gone of vacation for 6 months - is that allowed?

My own vacation settings page shows 9 days available, do you accumulate days holiday the longer you are a member or the more games you play?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 07:26
    Originally posted by Hyperion7

My own vacation settings page shows 9 days available, do you accumulate days holiday the longer you are a member or the more games you play?
    I don't think a 6 month vacaion is possible. I don't know the maximum amount of days, but 36 days should be the maximum, I think.
  3. Amersham, Bucks, UK
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 07:27
    I only know that he is away for 6 months because he says so in a message.
    Can you actually see the duration of another member's vacation on the site?
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 07:28
    No, you cannot. And here I don't think you can trust his words.
    Just wait him out. And start other games in between.
  5. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 09:14
    It sounds like he's just letting you know that he's going to be away. You can be on vacation in real life for as long as you want, but you can only be immune from timeout on this site for a maximum of 36 days.
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 13:51

Each member gets 36 days of vacation each year at the begining of each year.
    If you became a subscriber in the middle of the year then you're prorated vacation days as to how much time is left in the year. Most likely that's why you have 9 days of vacation left for the year.
    On Jan, 1st 2011 you will get 36 days for 2011.
    No matter how long your opponent is gone the longest they can be immune from a timeout is for 36 days.
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 14:05

I think your opponent has just forgotten to update a previous vacation message.
  8. Standard memberclandarkfire
    Grammar Nazi
    Auschwitz
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 21:47
    The OP must be talking about User 124982. Apparently, he forgot to update his vacation message from the last time he used it.

BTW, I've had a 55 day vacation, so more than 36 is possible. You book all the time starting November 25th or so, giving you vacation until the new year. On January 1st, book another 36 days. In theory, you could get 72 days at once.
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 05:381 edit
    Originally posted by clandarkfire
    The OP must be talking about User 124982. Apparently, he forgot to update his vacation message from the last time he used it.

BTW, I've had a 55 day vacation, so more than 36 is possible. You book all the time starting November 25th or so, giving you vacation until the new year. On January 1st, book another 36 days. In theory, you could get 72 days at once.
    Yes I thought of that after I posted. But you would have to be there right at the stroke of the new year RHP time to book your additional vacation days for the new year to not be timed out. And seeing as were far from 36 days unto the new year that must not be the case.
    I also agree that it's most likely the person forgot to update their vacation message from a previous vacation. But you never know.
    I had a user once who was going to school in England and was from Iraq. He leaves a message stating he's going home for the summer for 4 months without internet but will be back. And just expected no one to time him out. Even in the clan games I was playing against him. Well needless to say I timed him out ASAP as did all his other opponents. 3 and 1/2 months later the guy comes back screaming at everyone who timed him out. lol I still get a laugh everytime I think about that.
  10. Standard memberadriano81
    win or go home
    I'm right behind you
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 19:11
    please advise if not used vacation days from 2010 year can be moved to 2011 year
  11. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    11 Nov '10 19:50
    Originally posted by adriano81
    please advise if not used vacation days from 2010 year can be moved to 2011 year
    I believe your vacation days are reset to 36 at the beginning of each year. Any days that are not used during the current year do not carry over to the next year.
  12. Standard memberJohn of Reading
    Scotch addict
    Moves
    15 Nov '10 20:13
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    ...But you would have to be there right at the stroke of the new year RHP time to book your additional vacation days for the new year to not be timed out....
    No, you can click "2011" on the blue bar at the top of the "Vacation" page to book holidays in 2011 now.
  13. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    03 Dec '10 14:34
    Originally posted by John of Reading
    No, you can click "2011" on the blue bar at the top of the "Vacation" page to book holidays in 2011 now.
    Thanks, this is just the information that I was searching for, I missed that blue bar until you pointed it out.
  14. Joined
    21 Oct '07
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 10:40
    I have a 6 member team entered for the upcoming 1-14 day clan championship.Host master keeps saying my team is not complete because I have one player on vacation.I have asked them 3 times now to review my entered team because no one is on vacation.Does anyone know how to resolve this vacation staus delema?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jan '11 16:35
    Originally posted by yelmboys
    I have a 6 member team entered for the upcoming 1-14 day clan championship.Host master keeps saying my team is not complete because I have one player on vacation.I have asked them 3 times now to review my entered team because no one is on vacation.Does anyone know how to resolve this vacation staus delema?
    is no one on vacation from your team coming up for the new season? It might be a player has gone to "white"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree