1. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 10:19
    If this were universally adopted in the US, HC costs would start dropping because it would shine a bright light on waste and malpractice -- and would enable the government to focus on it's proper role (not as a payer) but as the enforcer of the contract between the patient and the doctor.
  2. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    One can imagine a scenario where physicians who prescribe a sub-optimal treatment route, e.g. oral antidiabetic agents (OAD) to patients with Type II diabetes who SHOULD be simply changing their diet/exercise habits could even be targeted by fines. This is nothing more than enforcing the patient/physician contract and pushing medical professionalism.
  3. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    Cases where patients ignore medical advice would also be easy to spot -- they could get an OAD, but they have to pay for it themselves since diet and exercise is the preferred medical treatment. And it would be at their risk since an insurer might refuse them insurance or raise the premium if the patient was in the habit of refusing the scientifically most effective treatment.
  4. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 10:201 edit
    So I can post in little small chunks all the text of the message I wanted to post -- but not the message as a whole!

===

There is one technological advance that would go a long way to reducing helathcare costs in the US (and which is available in many European countries -- so may be acting to lower their costs even in the face of government fiddling):
  5. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 10:231 edit
    Posting from Google Chrome

edit: so IE8 and Chrome have the same problem
  6. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 10:26
    Originally posted by trev33
    jesus
    You think it is the Almighty? I hope not.
  7. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 10:27
    There is one technological advance that would go a long way to reducing helathcare costs in the US (and which is available in many European countries -- so may be acting to lower their costs even in the face of government fiddling):

the Electronic Healthcare Record
  8. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 10:281 edit
    OK...so I have no problem posting small amounts of text in this thread, but large amounts won't go through as a post.

===

I can go back and edit previous messages -- posting a large swath of text doesn't work, but a small amount does.
  9. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    19 Mar '10 10:30
    Maybe the Almighty is telling me, "Be brief!"
  10. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    23 Mar '10 10:23
    testing...

11. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    23 Mar '10 10:23
    testing...

testing...

testing...

testing...

testing...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree