1. Warszawa
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 11:47
    As in the title... How is the post becoming recommended?

My question is somewhat inspired by the fact, that I checked this menu item a few times during last week, and this list is permanently led by somewhat confusing short post which reads:

It's called a penis.

😕
  2. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 12:211 edit
    I think only subscribers can recommend posts. Look for a link 'recommend' underneath each post. Do you see it? If not, I guess I am right then.

The idea is that useful, interesting, funny, etc. posts get recommended. And by looking at the recommended posts you can then easily find those interesting post (and thereby the threads they are in. However, a lot of garbage also gets recommended.

So ignore the "It's called a penis" posts (if you don't find it funny) and read the ones you find interesting instead.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    05 May '08 01:44
    Originally posted by adje
    I think only subscribers can recommend posts. Look for a link 'recommend' underneath each post. Do you see it? If not, I guess I am right then.

The idea is that useful, interesting, funny, etc. posts get recommended. And by looking at the recommended posts you can then easily find those interesting post (and thereby the threads they are in. However, a lot of ...[text shortened]... penis" posts (if you don't find it funny) and read the ones you find interesting instead.
    yea and they messed up on that rec too 😉...The wart part was missing. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree