1. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    25 Jan '03 19:15
    A lot of messages I've been getting recently end with a 'G' - what does this mean?

Rhymester
  2. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    25 Jan '03 19:32
    Well, a 'G' is often found in certain types of music, for example the song "Nuthin' but a G thang" on Dr. Dre's seminal 1992 album 'The Chronic'. In modern rap parlance a 'G' stands for any word really that begins with that letter, eg God, Girl etc but most often it stands for "gangsta". It can also mean money, for example in the lyric "I clock G's while you clock Z's" (2Pac? not sure).

Round these parts I've seen it most often at the end of genius' posts, where I've taken it to stand for "genius", but mebbe he and others are suggesting that they are gangstas, God, or perhaps advocates of the type of music called "G-Funk", usually associated with such artists as Warren G and Nate Dogg. Unless of course they are suggesting that you are a gangsta too.

I make no apology for the facetious, useless, and altogether incorrect nature of this post 😀
  3. Steelers Country
    Moves
    25 Jan '03 21:24
    Originally posted by T1000
    I make no apology for the facetious, useless, and altogether incorrect nature of this post 😀
    I thought your post was Very usefull😀
  4. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    26 Jan '03 22:49
    "this is for the hustlers and this is for the Gz" Snoop Doggy Dog...
    (I hope the "Hustler" is okay in the forum)😉
  5. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    27 Jan '03 23:50
    All I can say about your post is........ Wassup G?😉
  6. Standard memberzach918
    Banned
    Account suspended
    Moves
    31 Jan '03 20:41
    the only person that i have seen but a "g" at the end of their post is genius, i always figured it was "g" for "genius"

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree