1. Muncie, IN
    Moves
    07 May '04 19:48
    I am playing a couple of (clan challenge) games with an opponent (San Lazaro) who seems to have not quite dropped off the face of the earth, but who seems to be in some sort of distress. In Game 483498 I have white and have made only one move. He has made none. In Game 483497 he made one move (on 23rd April) and I responded to that.

I don't have any problem with timing out folks who basically just stop playing when they start losing, but I don't really get that impression here. San Lazaro has lost a LOT of games to timeout over the past couple of weeks, including some where he had a won position, and I do have some scruples about winning games that I have not won. I wrote a PM a couple of days ago asking if he is OK, but I can see that he hasn't even managed to read it.

Since we have made less than 3 moves (is that supposed to be 3 moves total or 3 moves each?) in both games, I would expect to have a delete link that would allow me to simply delete the games rather than wait for a timeout. I don't know why I don't have such a link, but at this time, I think the fairest solution would be for me to delete the games before his timebank expires if he doesn't get back in time.

So why don't I have the opportunity to do that?

Thanks,
    Paul
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 May '04 20:43
    I may have this wrong, but I think clan and tournament games are set up differently, so that you are not allowed to delete them. Maybe someone can confirm this.
  3. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    07 May '04 22:15
    That's right - clan and tournament games must be played out. Only challenges can be deleted until more than 3 moves have been made.

In a tournament game, San Lazaro would be automatically timed out 2 days beyond his limit.

In a clan game, I guess it is up to you whether to time him out or not. Personally, I have no scruples timing players out. But, i agree, it doesn't seem right when barely any moves have been made.

You should consult with your clan leader.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree