Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 26 Nov '04 08:48 / 1 edit
    What is that 'Total Recs: 0' thing in my profile?
  2. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    26 Nov '04 10:53
    This is the number of times someone 'recommended' your post. A post with many recs is probably worthy of a read.

You can read all recent high rated posts from the 'forums' menu -> 'recommended posts'

-Russ
  3. 27 Nov '04 05:12
    Thank you Russ. 🙂
  4. 27 Nov '04 05:13
    Originally posted by Kapil Gain
    At the moment I hae 'nil'! Sheesh! 😛
  5. 27 Nov '04 05:32
    Oh! Forgot to ask! Who decides whether a post is a recommended post or not?'

6. 27 Nov '04 06:38 / 1 edit
    Cool! - I just popped into the help forum to look for an answer to that same question!

As for who "recommends", look at the bottom of each post - you see Reply, Reply & Quote, Alert Moderator, and Recommend. Meaning, anyone can recommend.
  7. 27 Nov '04 12:02
    Originally posted by dfriesen
    Cool! - I just popped into the help forum to look for an answer to that same question!

As for who "recommends", look at the bottom of each post - you see Reply, Reply & Quote, Alert Moderator, and Recommend. Meaning, anyone can recommend.
    Sorry but I don't see any Alert Moderator, and Recommend at the bottom of every post.
  8. Standard member mrmist
    Moo
    27 Nov '04 12:12
    Sorry but I don't see any Alert Moderator, and Recommend at the bottom of every post.
    I *think* that they are member options.
  9. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    27 Nov '04 20:59
    Yes, these are all subscriber only options. Not that it is documented anywhere, so no great surprise no one knows for sure.

-Russ
  10. 28 Nov '04 06:06
    Thanks for the input everyone!
  11. 28 Nov '04 10:35
    Hey! Guess what! I earned 2 recs! 😀

Thanks! 🙂