Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 03 Sep '05 12:39
    I challenged this guy who accepted a game from me . I played the first move and he hasn't moved for 3 days and the time per move was set to 3 days . We had no initial timebank . He has already taken 4 days and has not yet played . what should I do but delete the game becuase I really wanna win this one on time , after all , the guy is not going to come back on this website , I think . Incase , you want to know , his screen name is Subasic.
  2. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    03 Sep '05 13:39
    Originally posted by SicilianNajdorf
    I challenged this guy who accepted a game from me . I played the first move and he hasn't moved for 3 days and the time per move was set to 3 days . We had no initial timebank . He has already taken 4 days and has not yet played . what should I do but delete the game becuase I really wanna win this one on time , after all , the guy is not going to come back on this website , I think . Incase , you want to know , his screen name is Subasic.
    It doesn't even count as a rated game until you both complete two moves, so claiming a timeout win will not be an option until after that happens.

    When you get tired of waiting, just delete the game. It will go away without changing anything in your statistics.
  3. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    03 Sep '05 14:20
    PM him.

    And be rude!
  4. 03 Sep '05 15:34
    I would be really angy at him be rude.
  5. 11 Sep '05 02:46
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    It doesn't even count as a rated game until you both complete two moves, so claiming a timeout win will not be an option until after that happens.

    When you get tired of waiting, just delete the game. It will go away without changing anything in your statistics.
    Can tournament games be deleted or a matchup refused? Though it would be a loss for the tournament, would it count as a loss in the personal stats?
  6. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    11 Sep '05 05:44
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    Can tournament games be deleted or a matchup refused? Though it would be a loss for the tournament, would it count as a loss in the personal stats?
    You can resign tournament games without any moves in them and no rating points are lost.
  7. 11 Sep '05 13:26
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    You can resign tournament games without any moves in them and no rating points are lost.
    Yes, No ratings change. But my question is would it count as a loss in the win/loss personal stats.
  8. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    11 Sep '05 14:24
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    Can tournament games be deleted or a matchup refused? Though it would be a loss for the tournament, would it count as a loss in the personal stats?
    With tournament games, I know they will time out automatically even if your opponent doesn't make a single move, but I don't think you can delete one or refuse a matchup.

    I also believe that all tournament game results do get added to your personal stats.
  9. 11 Sep '05 14:47
    Originally posted by SicilianNajdorf
    I really wanna win this one on time
    A curious ambition.
  10. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    11 Sep '05 16:06
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    Yes, No ratings change. But my question is would it count as a loss in the win/loss personal stats.
    All games get added to your win-loss stats as far as I know.
    That includes unrated games and set pieces.
  11. 13 Sep '05 01:44
    So in any game, clan, tourney, clan league, regular, you can resign within first three moves and no points lost?