What's the deal with Sieges?

What's the deal with Sieges?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Moves
03 Sep 08

How do sieges work? Do all games begin in standard position? What is black defending, his king? How is it different from any other game? Do results count toward player ratings? Why are there no help topics on sieges? Why do my whites come out dingy in the wash? Does anyone know the way to San Jose? Why hasn't anyone answered yet?!? Is anyone listening to me!!?! .... OK, I'm better now. Seriously though, what's the deal with sieges?

LAF

M

Earth

Moves
03 Sep 08
3 edits

Originally posted by lefeu
How do sieges work? Do all games begin in standard position? What is black defending, his king? How is it different from any other game? Do results count toward player ratings? Why are there no help topics on sieges? Why do my whites come out dingy in the wash? Does anyone know the way to San Jose? Why hasn't anyone answered yet?!? Is anyone listening to me!!?! .... OK, I'm better now. Seriously though, what's the deal with sieges?

LAF
Black always challenges the player holding the board. White holds the board with a win, but with a draw or better black seizes the board (and becomes the white pieces in the next game.) The term siege means players line up as challengers to try and take control of the board. It's not a real siege. The challengers don't deny their opponent food and water, or prevent them leaving their house.
The games are just like any other chess game.
Yes, results count towards ratings.
I don't know why there aren't any help sections.
Try a higher temperature.
Try a google map search for directions.
I am listening to you.
The deal with seiges is as per my text above.

l

Moves
03 Sep 08

Originally posted by Policestate
Black always challenges the player holding the board. White holds the board with a win, but with a draw or better black seizes the board (and becomes the white pieces in the next game.) The term siege means players line up as challengers to try and take control of the board. It's not a real siege. The challengers don't deny their opponent food and water, ...[text shortened]... earch for directions.
I am listening to you.
The deal with seiges is as per my text above.
Many thanks. So it's a lot like holding the pool table in a bar. Except with much lower risk of being hit in the head with a bottle. Cool. Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions. (You did miss the 'Why hasn't anyone answered my yet? one, but I still really do appreciate the help.)

LAF

M

Earth

Moves
04 Sep 08

Originally posted by lefeu
Many thanks. So it's a lot like holding the pool table in a bar. Except with much lower risk of being hit in the head with a bottle. Cool. Thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions. (You did miss the 'Why hasn't anyone answered my yet? one, but I still really do appreciate the help.)

LAF
No problem.

I figured that by answering you, I didn't need to answer the question as to why no one had answered you?