1. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 12:591 edit
    Hello there,

I only signed up today and I have just recieved an email saying someone had challenged me. I clicked the link to take me to the game and it appears that I have resigned but I haven't. I was looking forward to a few games so there is no way I would resign?

The game no. is 5117914 and the challenger was Jwaite8956, any help would be appreciated.

museman

Now I've looked at it a bit more it is me that's won so someone has challenged me and then resigned? 😕
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 13:13
    Originally posted by museman
    Hello there,

I only signed up today and I have just recieved an email saying someone had challenged me. I clicked the link to take me to the game and it appears that I have resigned but I haven't. I was looking forward to a few games so there is no way I would resign?

The game no. is 5117914 and the challenger was Jwaite8956, any help would be appreci ...[text shortened]... ooked at it a bit more it is me that's won so someone has challenged me and then resigned? 😕
    Well, what happened can only your opponent tell.
    But these are the facts:
    * He challenged you, and an instant later resigned the game.
    * You won the game, and in your statistics you have 1 win, 0 draw, and 0 loss.
    * However, because he resigned before his second move, the ratings are not affected in any way.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 13:213 edits
    Originally posted by museman
    Hello there,

The game no. is 5117914 and the challenger was Jwaite8956, any help would be appreci ooked at it a bit more it is me that's won so someone has challenged me and then resigned? 😕
    I just looked at Jwaite8956's games and it appears that he challenged you and then immediately resigned. You didn't resign, he did. It also appears that he did the same thing to another player besides you.

Since no moves were made it does not count as a rated game and will not change your rating. It will appear in your game statistics, however.

I suggest you go to 'My Settings' and change your 'challenge settings' to zero so that nobody can send you these surprise challenges in this manner. That should end the problem.

If you do change your settings, be sure and click the 'update' button at the bottom of the page to make your changes take effect. This applies to any setting changes you may wish to make for your account.

With your challenge settings at zero, you can still create or accept open invite games or send a challenge to someone you want to play. It mainly will help to keep you in control of which games you are playing. If you want to send a challenge to someone it is usually better to send them a private message first and see if they are interested in a game.
  4. Joined
    17 Jun '08
    Moves
    17 Jun '08 22:34
    Thanks to both of you for clearing that up, I haven't got a problem with the challenges it's just that it took me a while to figure out what happened. 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree