1. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    25 Apr '04 05:261 edit
    Here is my proposed order, please add to the list and rearrange the order as you see fit ...... I am especially interested in the pawn odds games and where they fit

Queen Odds
    Rook Odds
    Knight Odds
    Bishop Odds
    Pawn Odds (which pawn(s)?)
    No Castling Odds

- oops wrong forum again i guess, feel free to move it around, perhaps give it a day or two here, next it could go to the debates forum, then maybe the chess forum for burial.
  2. Joined
    07 Apr '03
    Moves
    25 Apr '04 13:34
    Originally posted by flexmore
    Here is my proposed order, please add to the list and rearrange the order as you see fit ...... I am especially interested in the pawn odds games and where they fit

Queen Odds
    Rook Odds
    Knight Odds
    Bishop Odds
    No Castling Odds

- oops wrong forum again i guess, feel free to move it around, perhaps give it a day or two here, next it could go to the debates forum, then maybe the chess forum for burial.
    Toughest in what sense, and for whom?
  3. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    25 Apr '04 13:38
    Originally posted by flexmore

Queen Odds
    Rook Odds
    Knight Odds
    Bishop Odds
    No Castling Odds

I would switch the order of bisjops odds vs. knights odds, just because a bishop is more often than not, a bit superior to a knight. And the "two bishops" advantage is a pretty coveted one in grandmaster circles.
  4. Standard memberpurclecow
    MMMMM Penguin Pie
    the great beyond
    Moves
    25 Apr '04 19:27
    every game is too hard for me than alone an odds game :'(
  5. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    25 Apr '04 22:52
    Originally posted by Natural Science
    I would switch the order of bisjops odds vs. knights odds, just because a bishop is more often than not, a bit superior to a knight. And the "two bishops" advantage is a pretty coveted one in grandmaster circles.
    when i have played bishop odds - against players with less strategic knowledge than me of course, i simple exchange our two like coloured bishops, then clog up the other colour with the opponents pawns and also to a lesser extent, my pawns.
    i find knight odds not so convenient.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree