1. Vancouver Area
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 04:52
    I am using IE10 but have a message saying to upgrade to IE8 or above, I suspect this is why the new site does not display any pieces on my game board. How do I fix this?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 05:002 edits
    On IE : Please make sure "compatibility mode" is not enabled. This will break the new site.

Turn OFF compatibility mode

Compatibility mode is a hangover from the push to standards compliant web sites and is best consigned to history.
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 06:49
    Originally posted by Russ
    On IE : Please make sure "compatibility mode" is not enabled. This will break the new site.

[=/compatibility-mode-off.jpg]Turn OFF compatibility mode[/]

Compatibility mode is a hangover from the push to standards compliant web sites and is best consigned to history.
    " Please make sure "compatibility mode is not enabled." How?
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 08:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    " Please make sure "compatibility mode is not enabled." How?
    The link in Russ's post shows you the icon to click on. Or, if your IE browser displays a Menu Bar the Compatibility stuff is under Tools.
  5. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 10:01
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 12:37
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    The link in Russ's post shows you the icon to click on. Or, if your IE browser displays a Menu Bar the Compatibility stuff is under Tools.
    EUREKA! Found the Icon. Never realized a few hours deep sleep made such a difference. My Thanks to both you and Russ.
  7. Vancouver Area
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 17:36
    Originally posted by golddog2
    I am using IE10 but have a message saying to upgrade to IE8 or above, I suspect this is why the new site does not display any pieces on my game board. How do I fix this?
    Thanks to everyone who replied and helped to resolve this issue.
  8. Joined
    22 Dec '07
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 17:53
    Do not have the icon on my screen, and there is nothing under the Tools menu about Compatability. Can anyone guide me further?
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 20:31
    Originally posted by martinthegreen
    Do not have the icon on my screen, and there is nothing under the Tools menu about Compatability. Can anyone guide me further?
    OS and browser version please?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    30 Apr '13 23:25
    where is this mode at?
  11. Joined
    18 Feb '12
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:00
    I'm having the same problem with the iPhone app...no pieces displayed on the game boards...what is the fix?
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 May '13 15:40
    Originally posted by Divot Farmer
    I'm having the same problem with the iPhone app...no pieces displayed on the game boards...what is the fix?
    Can you try clearing your browser cache, because this should not be a problem on the iPhone app.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 May '13 16:22
    I just checked, and there is plenty if iPhone client activity, so clearing the cache should resolve this for you.
  14. Joined
    18 Feb '12
    Moves
    01 May '13 19:38
    Originally posted by Russ
    I just checked, and there is plenty if iPhone client activity, so clearing the cache should resolve this for you.
    Now I just get a blank white page that says not logged in...I went back to the browser and logged in everything looks good...went to the iphone app and still just the blank white page...tried clearing the cache, cookies, history, resyncing the phone, turning the phone off and on...still the blank white page...
  15. Joined
    18 Feb '12
    Moves
    02 May '13 03:04
    Now I just get a blank white page that says not logged in...I went back to the browser and logged in everything looks good...went to the iphone app and still just the blank white page...tried clearing the cache, cookies, history, resyncing the phone, turning the phone off and on...still the blank white page...
    I was thinking the cache is not clearing and was able to force the app to allow me to re-login by manually deleting the url, but afterwards there is still no pieces on the game boards..so I'm at a loss...hopefully someone else has a suggestion!

Works great on the iPad, and in Safari on Mac and Safari on iPhone...it's just the the iPhone app (iphone.redhotpawn.com) where I'm having a problem.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree