Why did my rating go down?

Why did my rating go down?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
05 May 06
1 edit

Why did it go down after I won a game. The FAQ say this is possible if you havent' played 20 games yet..but i don't get how this can be?

Do you have to beat players ranked lower than you quickly or else you go down?

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
05 May 06

Originally posted by uzless
Why did it go down after I won a game.
'cos you're uzless

🙄

l
Man of Steel

rushing to and fro

Moves
05 May 06

Originally posted by uzless
Why did it go down after I won a game. The FAQ say this is possible if you havent' played 20 games yet..but i don't get how this can be?

Do you have to beat players ranked lower than you quickly or else you go down?
From the FAQ: Until you complete 20 games, you will have a provisional rating. This rating is calculated as the average of all the games you have played. Each game is scored as being your opponent's rating (for a draw), your opponent's rating plus 400 (for a win), or your opponent's rating minus 400 (for a loss). If your opponent is also on a provisional rating, then the 400s above become 200s.

So, if you really want a good rating (1) don't play against other provisional players while you are still provisional, and (2) win.

GP

Moves
05 May 06

Originally posted by rhb
'cos you're uzless

🙄
Your rating goes down when you are teh suuuuuuuuuck

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
07 May 06

Originally posted by General Putzer
Your rating goes down when you are teh suuuuuuuuuck
while i'm no grandmaster, I am undefeated so far

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
07 May 06

Originally posted by leisurelysloth
From the FAQ: [i]Until you complete 20 games, you will have a provisional rating. This rating is calculated as the average of all the games you have played. Each game is scored as being your opponent's rating (for a draw), your opponent's rating plus 400 (for a win), or your opponent's rating minus 400 (for a loss). If your opponent is also on a prov ...[text shortened]... ) don't play against other provisional players while you are still provisional, and (2) win.
thanks for the info