1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Sep '03 11:23
    Another change, sorry. 5 rated games must be completed before your rating is shown at anything other than 1200. A more accurate rating is being calculated during this time, and after 5 games a provisional rating will be shown. After 20 rated games are completed, your true rating will be displayed.

Apologies for any confusion.

-Russ

[Rating calculation details can be found in the FAQ]
  2. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    03 Sep '03 15:23
    so how is the rating of the opponent affected when they win/lose against someone with a 'frozen' rating of 1200?
  3. London
    Moves
    04 Sep '03 08:33
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    so how is the rating of the opponent affected when they win/lose against someone with a 'frozen' rating of 1200?
    If I remember correctly, a win or loss against a player with <5 completed games has been counted as if their rating was 1200 since the time the provisional rating system was first introduced.

I like the idea of the frozen rating - it serves as an alert that a player is an unknown quantity - I wish it had been in place before I assumed that FinalFantasy would be one of the easier opponents in my group in the Veggiecheck tournament😳
  4. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    04 Sep '03 12:26
    I really should read more & post less 😉

Thanks for the info 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree