1. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    09 Feb '05 15:06
    Just a question: why are multiple accounts forbidden? (if you avoid playing against yourself and never cheat that way?)
    th
  2. Joined
    06 Feb '04
    Moves
    09 Feb '05 16:31
    Originally posted by thire
    Just a question: why are multiple accounts forbidden? (if you avoid playing against yourself and never cheat that way?)
    th
    Modern psychiatry categorizes multiple personality disorder as a "hysterical neurosis" often misdiagnosed as schizophenia,and i,m pretty sure Russ doesn't want any hysterical people running around RHP like loose cannons.But then I might be mistaken,as I have noticed a few loose cannons running rampant in the forums. 😵
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Feb '05 21:23
    th
    Imagine someone not paying a dime at RHP... but they have 6 user names so they can play 36 games at a time....

Now imagine everyone does it. NOT FAIR.

Let me ask you, why should anyone have 2 or more names? What good can come of it?

P
  4. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Feb '05 22:45
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Imagine someone not paying a dime at RHP... but they have 6 user names so they can play 36 games at a time....

Now imagine everyone does it. NOT FAIR.

Let me ask you, why should anyone have 2 or more names? What good can come of it?

P
    Actually, I disagree! If a person is willing to PAY for two separate accounts why shouldn't he/she be able to use them??? He/she might try to play their best chess from one account, but experiment with openings in the other account.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Feb '05 05:221 edit
    Originally posted by arrakis
    Actually, I disagree! If a person is willing to PAY for two separate accounts why shouldn't he/she be able to use them??? He/she might try to play their best chess from one account, but experiment with openings in the other account.
    I will admit I wouldn't mind if they admit they are the same person... but usually people who make more than one user name are trying to fool people.

If it were done honest, as in your example... I wouldn't mind at all. Other than that, most people don't set up two user names just to test openings..

I really don't like when they act like different people in the forums.

P
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    13 Feb '05 07:18
    Phlabibit:
    Point taken about nonsubscribers. But if someone pays twice - why shouldn't (s)he have two accounts?
    The question is not "What is it good for?" but "Why shouln't we allow multiple accounts?"
    Anyway I risk someting and try to answer your question: One plays fast, the other slow. 🙂 One has fun, the other improves and thinks a lot. One plays tuneys and clan games, the other one with friends...
    th
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Feb '05 10:04
    That's what unrated games are for.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    13 Feb '05 17:04
    Phlabibit:
    Point taken about nonsubscribers. But if someone pays twice - why shouldn't (s)he have two accounts?
    The question is [b]not
    "What is it good for?" but "Why shouln't we allow multiple accounts?"
    Anyway I risk someting and try to answer your question: One plays fast, the other slow. 🙂 One has fun, the other improves and thinks a lot. One plays tuneys and clan games, the other one with friends...
    th
    [/b]
    Like I said, I really wouldn't mind as long as they are honest about who they are and why they have 2 names. Other than that, Zach gave me a bad taste in the mouth when I befreinded one of his other user names only to find out it was him.

P
  9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Feb '05 17:441 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Like I said, I really wouldn't mind as long as they are honest about who they are and why they have 2 names. Other than that, Zach gave me a bad taste in the mouth when I befreinded one of his other user names only to find out it was him.

P
    OK how's this. Set up a game with two top players on this site one with each account and one with white the other with black.
    Then wait for the player you are black against to make a move. Make that same move on the game where you are white. Wait for the response on that board and play that move on the first board. Continue in this fashion.
    Basically the two players you picked just played each other through you.
    No matter what (barring timeouts) you will have an even score. And over time your rating will reach the level of the players you playing without any skill on your part.

Am I missing something in my insomnia induced craziness?
  10. Standard memberArrakis
    D_U_N_E
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Feb '05 21:54
    th
    Did you have a stroke or something? You didn't finish your message.
  11. Joined
    15 Apr '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '05 22:00
    Did you have a stroke or something? You didn't finish your message.
    what was unfinished about it? 😕
  12. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Feb '05 22:13
    Originally posted by kw72uk
    what was unfinished about it? 😕
    the 'th' at the end?
    I think for some odd reason he chooses to sign his threads with just that. No idea why. It'll never catch on.

Xantho
  13. Joined
    15 Apr '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '05 22:48
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    the 'th' at the end?
    I think for some odd reason he chooses to sign his threads with just that. No idea why. It'll never catch on.

Xantho
    ah yes I see what you mean - it does look like the start of a sentence if you didn't know about the 'th' 🙂
  14. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    15 Feb '05 11:16
    lol 🙄😀
    is it funny?
    they are just the first two letters of my name (and nickname) thomas. 🙂
    what a secret... 😉
    th

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree