Why

SubscriberMctayto
Help 29 Apr '08 18:45
  1. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    29 Apr '08 18:45
    Why allow Non - Subs to join a club and then deprive them from the facilities ????
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 00:16
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    [b]Why allow Non - Subs to join a club and then deprive them from the facilities ????[/b]
    It certainly seems strange.
    I guess the PTB are using them as cannon fodder. Some poor buggers have to test the system.
  3. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    30 Apr '08 03:04
    [b]Why allow Non - Subs to join a club and then deprive them from the facilities ????[/b]
    possibly for the same kind of reason that non-subs are allowed to join the site but are deprived of most facilities also.
  4. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    01 May '08 10:00
    This has got to be the first time iv ever agreed with you 🙂.I am making club tournaments but the non subs cant take part weird pointless them joining then 🙂....
    But i think its a good way to make the people cough up and become subscribers.
    If you want maybe organise a non sub tournament yourself and see how that goes.
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    01 May '08 14:11
    Originally posted by Smiffy
    This has got to be the first time iv ever agreed with you 🙂.I am making club tournaments but the non subs cant take part weird pointless them joining then 🙂....
    But i think its a good way to make the people cough up and become subscribers.
    If you want maybe organise a non sub tournament yourself and see how that goes.
    There is no reason to 'agree'. The NON SUBS get access to a new forum, and get a club rating.

They have 6 games they can play, so can't join a tournament.

The only alternative here is NO CLUBS for non-subs. This is something extra for non subs to enjoy, but they will not be given extra games.

P-
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 May '08 22:17
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    There is no reason to 'agree'. The NON SUBS get access to a new forum, and get a club rating.

The only alternative here is NO CLUBS for non-subs. This is something extra for non subs to enjoy, but they will not be given extra games.

P-
    As a non-sub scum, I would say go and stick yer tournaments where the sun don't shine - but as a subscriber 😉 I say " right , cough up you freeloading scumbags!" 😛
  7. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    01 May '08 23:19

P-
    So basically you suggest that the only benefit for a non-sub is an extra forum and they should be thankful for this tiny scrap
    Personally if that is all that is ever going to be in it for them, then in my opinion they should never been allowed to join clubs.
    Maybe you reckon it is the site owners way of getting some of them to stump up a subscription by opening their eyes to what they are missing.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 May '08 13:45
    So basically you suggest that the only benefit for a non-sub is an extra forum and they should be thankful for this tiny scrap
    Personally if that is all that is ever going to be in it for them, then in my opinion they should never been allowed to join clubs.
    Maybe you reckon it is the site owners way of getting some of them to stump up a subscription by opening their eyes to what they are missing.
    I've got perhaps 3 non-subs in my club... I wonder how many the BIGGEST clubs have?

I have not been able to reach 50 users yet, but could have if I accepted people I don't really know. I did no such thing.

Ratings should have been based on 20 or 30. If I were at the library and there were 12 people, we could have a club rating based on our play. WHY 50?

I couldn't care less if they were let in or not. I would care if they suddenly got more games. Why get something for free?

P-
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    02 May '08 17:28
    I've got perhaps 3 non-subs in my club... I wonder how many the BIGGEST clubs have?

I have not been able to reach 50 users yet, but could have if I accepted people I don't really know. I did no such thing.

Ratings should have been based on 20 or 30. If I were at the library and there were 12 people, we could have a club rating based on our play. ...[text shortened]... in or not. I would care if they suddenly got more games. Why get something for free?

P-
    Nobody is suggesting that they get more games. Playing in a tournament in a group of 4 gives 6 games and they are allowed 6 games, where is the problem ??
    If they had 2 games underway prior to joining a club tournie then either 2 games would be pending a start until their allowance was met or they would require to be down to nil in progress to join.
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    02 May '08 17:42
    Nobody is suggesting that they get more games. Playing in a tournament in a group of 4 gives 6 games and they are allowed 6 games, where is the problem ??
    If they had 2 games underway prior to joining a club tournie then either 2 games would be pending a start until their allowance was met or they would require to be down to nil in progress to join.
    Sounds like people might be waiting a long time. What if a non sub joins 2 or 12 club tournaments? Everything would take weeks if not months to start.

Even if they are limited to one club tourney, you still need to wait for games to free up. Do you lock their games down so they can't start another? Now they start getting mad because the tournament is waiting on another non-sub to free up 4 games. It's going to cause some trouble with non subs or even subscribers who are waiting on the tournament to start or advance to the next round.

P-
  11. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    02 May '08 20:23
    Sounds like people might be waiting a long time. What if a non sub joins 2 or 12 club tournaments? Everything would take weeks if not months to start.

Even if they are limited to one club tourney, you still need to wait for games to free up. Do you lock their games down so they can't start another? Now they start getting mad because the tournament i ...[text shortened]... ven subscribers who are waiting on the tournament to start or advance to the next round.

P-
    so then kick all non subs from clubs, there is no point in giving someone a key and then tell them there is no door
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    03 May '08 14:09
    so then kick all non subs from clubs, there is no point in giving someone a key and then tell them there is no door
    Yes! Deny them club ratings, forums, and community because they can't join the club tournaments!

P-
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 May '08 21:003 edits
    I think the only way it could be done, is if one of the leaders of the Clubs did it manually. It would be a lot of work but it could be done, with the non-sub playing only their max 6 games at a time.

I am not sure how many Club Leaders would be willing to do this, as it would be quite a lot of work for them, as well as time consuming.

Some of the bigger clubs may even have enough non-subs to do a tourney with just the non-subs so if anyone is holding the other up, it wouldn't be a sub doing it. Once again, they can only play max (6) games at a time. It would take a while for it complete I assume.
  14. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    03 May '08 23:43
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    I think the only way it could be done, is if one of the leaders of the Clubs did it manually. It would be a lot of work but it could be done, with the non-sub playing only their max 6 games at a time.

I am not sure how many Club Leaders would be willing to do this, as it would be quite a lot of work for them, as well as time consuming.

Some of the b ...[text shortened]... in, they can only play max (6) games at a time. It would take a while for it complete I assume.
    Well said. We have done just that with the Scotland Club Club 58 albeit a league affair rather than a tournament and host our results outwith RHP. http://www.freewebs.com/galakev/index.htm

Personally I reckon every club should offer this sort of facility to its members otherwise why have non subs ? They need participation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree