1. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    24 Feb '04 13:31
    After NxRa8 my opponent moved his Ra8e8 (!!). On the main board there is a rook there. On the game history my Knight is on e8. Wierd. I'm still winning, but giving up a rook is a stiff penalty. gameid = 415116

2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    24 Feb '04 13:39
    Originally posted by dscp
    After NxRa8 my opponent moved his Ra8e8 (!!). On the main board there is a rook there. On the game history my Knight is on e8. Wierd. I'm still winning, but giving up a rook is a stiff penalty. gameid = 415116

Just had a look at the game history .... WEIRD! The white knight moves twice and illegally... Russ needs to look at this... I'll send him a message 🙂

Andrew
  3. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    24 Feb '04 14:02
    Game id quick link Game Id '415116 ' not found

i am disapointed :'(

i was hoping to learn some neat tricks.

on my travels i once encountered a small village where the rules of castling where to move the king towards the rook, and hop the rook over the top.
    of course it did not matter if it was "check"
    it also did not matter if the rook was in front of the king - and the king was half way up the board .....

but they all played that way.
    it was fun.
  4. Joined
    31 Jul '03
    Moves
    24 Feb '04 14:11

Now there's a manouver I'd like to learn! 🙄 Might come in handy.... 😉

-Jarno
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Feb '04 14:121 edit
    I can't offer an explanation for this issue.

I will take the game back a few moves. This will result in a corrupted game history, but at least you can play your game out.

EDIT : Actually, I just need to spend some time looking what is at fault before I correct the game.

-Russ
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Feb '04 14:45
    Originally posted by flexmore
    Game id quick link Game Id '415116 ' not found

i am disapointed :'(

i was hoping to learn some neat tricks.

on my travels i once encountered a small village where the rules of castling where to move the king towards the rook, and hop the rook over the top.
    of course it did not matter if it was "check"
    it also did not matter if the rook ...[text shortened]... ng - and the king was half way up the board .....

but they all played that way.
    it was fun.
    Game 415116

Get rid of the space at the end of game numbers and names when you do a search!!!

It is strange... go check it out.

Figures the game is vs. mossgroup... Doh!

P
  7. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    24 Feb '04 15:43

It's really funny!! 🙄 😀 😲
    How did you move that way? I mean did you try everything with your pieces? Did you try to make moves that are obviously illegal? Are you kind of testing RHP? Or did was it RHP's mistake?
    Just because I am curious...
    th
  8. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    24 Feb '04 15:54
    Absolutely - not only ar ethe moves illegal, black was moving whites pieces! I've never tried moving my opponents pieces before but I might start trying 🙂
  9. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    24 Feb '04 16:08
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

Figures the game is vs. mossgroup... Doh!

P
    Why, is mossgroup known for shennanigans? I'm not really about winning. I just want to play good games. The only reason I want a better rating is so that better players take me seriously and want to play with me.

Otherwise, I'd just resign this turkey.

D
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Feb '04 16:21
    Why, is mossgroup known for shennanigans? I'm not really about winning. I just want to play good games. The only reason I want a better rating is so that better players take me seriously and want to play with me.

Otherwise, I'd just resign this turkey.

D
    take a look at mossgroup's profile... ratings graph etc. He played many many many many many games against himself to boost his ratings.

Russ just got around to slaming him back down to 1000 rating and I assume game his at least a good warning.

P-
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Feb '04 16:25
    Certain players on this site have had their rating reset to 1000 recently after artificially increasing their rating by playing staged games against themselves.

I said I wouldn’t name any names, but it is hardly a secret who got penalised.

But, that does not explain the state of your game. No illegal moves are allowed. Of all the thousands of games played out here, this is the first time I have seen something like this - so it is bit of a mystery.

No need to resign, I will be removing a few moves so you can continue as normal.

-Russ
  12. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    24 Feb '04 16:471 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Feb '04 16:49
    Well, that confused me. 🙄 You made a move soon after I made the fix, therefore when I went to test, it appeared to be in a different state.

Anyway, be aware the game history & PGN exports for this game will be complete garbage.

-Russ
  14. Joined
    21 Feb '04
    Moves
    24 Feb '04 17:16
    Sorry Russ,

just eager to get my moves out there.😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree