1. Joined
    28 Mar '08
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 06:42
    what do the wings next to the star denote? and why has Luck no wings and only a yellow star when he is third in moves list?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 08:001 edit
    FAQ - check here for more information about the stars.

The "wingless" stars (plain yellow, but now silver/grey) show those users who donated money very early in the life of this site, but who no longer have an active subscription.

Their willingness to support the site very early in its life gave us the confidence to make the investment required to develop the site to where it is now.

On the whole, they have subscriber benefits, but still see ads throughout the site.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 09:37
    Give Luck wings! And all other wingless members. Or get rid of the wings altogether.

If his winglessness depends of what happened half a decade ago, then it has no bearing of today.

Give Luck wings!
  4. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    24 Oct '09 11:26
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Or get rid of the wings altogether.
    You will never take my wings!
    *flys away*

Anyway, for a member without an active subscription, but wíth subscriber benefits I guess he should be "Luck"y with what he has not?
    Who needs them silly wings anyway?

*falls out the sky and breaks leg*
  5. Joined
    28 Mar '08
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 08:03
    Originally posted by Russ
    FAQ - check here for more information about the stars.

The "wingless" stars (plain yellow, but now silver/grey) show those users who donated money very early in the life of this site, but who no longer have an active subscription.

Their willingness to support the site very early in its life gave us the confidence to make the investment re ...[text shortened]... is now.

On the whole, they have subscriber benefits, but still see ads throughout the site.
    but on lucks page it says he is a subscriber?!
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 09:02
    Originally posted by tottenhamhotspurfc
    but on lucks page it says he is a subscriber?!
    Well, it has to say something, doesn't it? He's like a life member because he contributed money when the site started up, so if you like he's a special category of subscriber, paid a lot upfront, gets all the benefits, but doesn't keep on paying so he's getting ads instead. You'll find a few of them on the site, all with very low UserId numbers.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 21:41
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Well, it has to say something, doesn't it? He's like a life member because he contributed money when the site started up, so if you like he's a special category of subscriber, paid a lot upfront, gets all the benefits, but doesn't keep on paying so he's getting ads instead. You'll find a few of them on the site, all with very low UserId numbers.
    Then perhaps he is the one who should have the wings? The others of us, not?
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Oct '09 22:43
    Great idea, FF! Russ, are you listening?
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    28 Oct '09 15:42
    I don't agree. I often wish I'd come here early enough to be an "Original Pawn Star".

Changing it now would be silly, like the US military deciding 1 stripe on the arm is better than having 4 or any other number of things that 'are what they are'.

The wingless star shows you've been around since the beginining, and contributed to RHP's future.

P-
  10. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    28 Oct '09 16:31
    We probably should have a halo!

Just joking.......🙂
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '09 20:05
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I don't agree. I often wish I'd come here early enough to be an "Original Pawn Star".

Changing it now would be silly, like the US military deciding 1 stripe on the arm is better than having 4 or any other number of things that 'are what they are'.

The wingless star shows you've been around since the beginining, and contributed to RHP's future.

P-
    It does show, yes, but only if you know it.
    It doesn't say anything about the wingless silvery star in the FAQ. (yet?)
  12. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 19:57
    It does show, yes, but only if you know it.
    It doesn't say anything about the wingless silvery star in the FAQ. (yet?)
    A wingless star is a wingless star.

I'd KILL for one!~
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    30 Oct '09 19:57
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    A wingless star is a wingless star.

I'd KILL for one!~
    Use feedback, spanky.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree