1. Joined
    01 Aug '02
    Moves
    29 Sep '09 12:22
    I've just been playing around with moves on a board and finally settled on moving my bishop..but when i hit submit, the Knight was shown as the piece that moved.

Does anyone know why this happened? I've played countless games and this has never happened.
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    29 Sep '09 12:36
    Originally posted by rborob
    I've just been playing around with moves on a board and finally settled on moving my bishop..but when i hit submit, the Knight was shown as the piece that moved.

Does anyone know why this happened? I've played countless games and this has never happened.
    At a guess I'd say you were using the analyze board option, decided on the final move, went back to main game board where you had previously thought about moving the knight, and hit submit.
  3. Joined
    01 Aug '02
    Moves
    29 Sep '09 12:38
    Originally posted by adramforall
    At a guess I'd say you were using the analyze board option, decided on the final move, went back to main game board where you had previously thought about moving the knight, and hit submit.
    Possibly. I'm pretty sure i saw the bishop in its new position before i hit submit, but not much I can do about it now i suppose. Thanks for your time though.
  4. Earth
    Moves
    30 Sep '09 20:30
    Originally posted by rborob
    Possibly. I'm pretty sure i saw the bishop in its new position before i hit submit, but not much I can do about it now i suppose. Thanks for your time though.
    It could be a bug but more likely it is a rare illusion that has effected most of us at time time.
    First we move on the board proper, then think "Oops - I'm not on analyse board", and open analyse board. We decide on our move - in this case a different choice - and then without thinking go back to the 'board proper' screen and hit submit.
    If that makes sense? I have mistakenly done it a few times. In our mind we are submitting the move we played out on analyse board, but that is in our minds.......

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree