1. Standard memberhedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    Moves
    15 Mar '11 18:261 edit
    when i join a tourn and it says;
    ZERO day timeout. 21 day timebank. Only for the hardcore and vacation phobic.

and when i look at a game with someone who has now gone on vacation it says;
    White has no timebank remaining.

does that mean ive already won that game on time, and the player will lose as soon as he comes of vacation.

sorry for my english, my caps is broken and it makes my keyboard all sticky if i use it 🙄
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    15 Mar '11 19:28
    Originally posted by hedonist
    when i join a tourn and it says;
    ZERO day timeout. 21 day timebank. Only for the hardcore and vacation phobic.

and when i look at a game with someone who has now gone on vacation it says;
    White has no timebank remaining.

does that mean ive already won that game on time, and the player will lose as soon as he comes of vacation.

sorry for my english, my caps is broken and it makes my keyboard all sticky if i use it 🙄
    The game isn't over till it's over.

If your opponent has no timebank left it will make it very difficult for them to make their moves in time.
  3. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    15 Mar '11 19:36
    No, you have not won the game. A skull icon will appear next to any game in your list when your opponent has used up all of the timeout and timebank and is not protected by the vacation flag, but ALL 3 conditions must be met. When the skull appears, you may claim the win. As mentioned when timeout = 0 and no timebank, the skull will appear quickly after you submit a move.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 01:16
    Just sit it out until the skull appears. Make sure the game stays in "opponent's move" status as much as possible, because your own clock is counting down at all other times.
  5. Standard memberhedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 16:05
    what puzzles me is he had a lot of time but it all went as soon as he put up the vacation flag, or at least that what i understand by no timebank remaining. will he still lose on time even though he hasnt used up all his time. if not then why does it say no timebank remaining.
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 17:08
    what puzzles me is he had a lot of time but it all went as soon as he put up the vacation flag, or at least that what i understand by no timebank remaining. will he still lose on time even though he hasnt used up all his time. if not then why does it say no timebank remaining.
    If you put up your vacation flag, that only stops your opponent from claiming a time-out win.

The vacation flag DOES NOT stop your time from running down to zero. When it is your turn to move your time is counting down, regardless of the vacation flag.

You have only 36 vacation days per year, so when those are used up you can no longer prevent your opponent from claiming the win when you are out of time.

I hope that helps.
  7. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    16 Mar '11 19:51
    They can come back and move as much as they like. So long as their vacation flag is flying you will be unable to time them out, however should you also run out of timebank then they could time you out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree