1. SubscriberJohn oyates
    woodpushers
    England
    Moves
    13 Mar '04 17:20
    Can Zone Alarm Pro and Red Hot Pawn live together and my PC?
    I think they can if the settings are tweaked, but what settings work best?

Thanks for any imput. J.
  2. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    13 Mar '04 17:58
    I use zonealarm.All I do is grant rhp access to the internet and it works just fine.No need to adjust any settings.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    13 Mar '04 19:19
    There should be no problem.

The last version of ZA pro I used didn’t require site by site configuration. Does it now manage cookies too?

-Russ
  4. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    14 Mar '04 14:56
    Originally posted by Russ

The last version of ZA pro I used didn’t require site by site configuration. Does it now manage cookies too?

-Russ
    Not as far as I know
  5. Standard memberTarpey
    Wizzard Lv.3
    Coventry, UK
    Moves
    14 Mar '04 22:43
    I had problems using ZA pro with Opera on win2k.. try turning Mobile code Control off...if this doesn't help try a different firewall

I can recommend Kerios btw... it's free for homeuse and works very similar to ZA pro
  6. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    15 Mar '04 07:57
    You are either using the 30 day free trial version or you have paid for it if you have Pro, either case the problem is most likely that you are not a pawn star. Seriously! The pro package includes ad blocking software that filters out the sky scraper ads and other pop ups that pawn stars do not see. You can adjust these settings to respond to 3 levels of blocking that you desire but you didn't elaborate what specifically your problem is, since you are posting you can get around the site okay unless you shut it down. It does control cookies as well, if you want it to.
    -Bob
  7. SubscriberJohn oyates
    woodpushers
    England
    Moves
    15 Mar '04 20:11
    Originally posted by SkipSlot
    You are either using the 30 day free trial version or you have paid for it if you have Pro, either case the problem is most likely that you are not a pawn star. Seriously! The pro package includes ad blocking software that filters out the sky scraper ads and other pop ups that pawn stars do not see. You can adjust these settings to respond to 3 levels of bl ...[text shortened]... the site okay unless you shut it down. It does control cookies as well, if you want it to.
    -Bob
    Yes it's all paid for [ZA that is] and I had an idea it may have been the sky scraper adds as i do block pop-ups.
    The problem it causes is when i complete a move and then return to rhp after my opponent moves, my previous move is not updated [i found refreshing the page does the job]. But it can makes life confusing. The site seems to be one step behind!
  8. Joined
    27 Aug '02
    Moves
    16 Mar '04 02:01
    That sounds like your browser is not refreshing the page. Under internet options on the general tab under temporary internet files click on settings and make sure automatically is checked. I don't think its a firewall issue.
  9. SubscriberJohn oyates
    woodpushers
    England
    Moves
    18 Mar '04 19:07
    Originally posted by Russ

-Russ
    Yes it does manage cookies now. J.
  10. SubscriberJohn oyates
    woodpushers
    England
    Moves
    18 Mar '04 19:21
    Just completed that task and i'll see if it works... all was fine until ZAP was installed, i have used the free edition for many years.
    Will let you know either way.
    Thanks for the advice. J.
  11. SubscriberJohn oyates
    woodpushers
    England
    Moves
    21 Mar '04 12:20
    Originally posted by SkipSlot
    That sounds like your browser is not refreshing the page. Under internet options on the general tab under temporary internet files click on settings and make sure automatically is checked. I don't think its a firewall issue.
    Thanks, your advice seems to have worked. It was IE settings and not a firewall problem afterall.
    Thanks again.J.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree