is their a way to prevent cheating on RHP?

is their a way to prevent cheating on RHP?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A

Moves
07 Jan 09

is their a way to prevent cheating on RHP, like using chess software?

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
07 Jan 09

No, I doubt it. However there is a plan in place for those who make multiple accounts.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
07 Jan 09

Yes. If you feel a user is cheating, send a fair play ticket to alert about a possible suspect.

You can find a link in the Site Map (which you can access using the links at the bottom of the page).

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
07 Jan 09

Originally posted by Arrak
to prevent? no.

to detect & ban? yes.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
07 Jan 09

I must say, who could you be playing as a p1200 that might be a suspect?

Moves
07 Jan 09

Originally posted by zakkwylder
himself, he wants to know if he'll get away with it.

A

Moves
07 Jan 09

Originally posted by zakkwylder
NightKnight blundered badly in the begining but since then his played a flawless game... just seems a bit fishy!Game 5860535

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
07 Jan 09

No.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
07 Jan 09

NightKnight blundered badly in the begining but since then his played a flawless game... just seems a bit fishy!Game 5860535
actually it looks like he blundered the bishopπŸ˜•

In your face

Moves
07 Jan 09

Tsk tsk. Inviting comments on a game in play is actually against the rules here.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
07 Jan 09

I think in response to your question:

I agree with Nietzsche that knowledge does not really make life any more bearable. In fact, knowledge is likely to do the opposite: make one more aware of the futility of knowledge. For example, common wisdom often repeats that we must study history in order to prevent past tragedies. But is that really the case? For example, the history of the Holocaust is now well-known, yet in the past 50 years genocides have been repeated, in Rwanda and now in Darfur. Therefore, I agree with Nietzsche that knowledge by itself is impotent to motivate action to change things.

Finally, I think the claim that life is only justified aesthetically can be interpreted in two ways. First, one can interpret the claim as saying that art offers consolation in the face of tragedy by depicting it. For example, Michaelangelo’s Pieta depicts a scene of intense suffering and sorrow, but it offers an almost spiritual comfort through Michaelangelo’s masterful sculpting work, thus expressing a Dionysian tragedy through the Apollonian art of sculpture. A second way of interpreting the original claim is to say that what is meant is that the individual must treat his life as an artist--using life as the material from which he can find his own meaning. He can’t find some pre-existing, eternal, transcendental meaning by searching for it with knowledge or religion. Rather, he must create, like an artist, his own meaning for existence. If interpreted this way, Nietzsche’s claim could be seen as a proto-existentialist philosophy.

So in all honesty I think I'd much rather read on with my current topic, than answer your question. Maybe after you have made 10,000 moves may I consider a serious answer πŸ˜›

-m.

i
SelfProclaimedTitler

Moves
07 Jan 09
1 edit

LOL, not every person who play better chess then you should necesarilly be considered cheater. However, if you suspect that someone is using chess engine to pick the moves he plays, sending feedback to the admins is usually better idea then starting public accusations. That's not just ugly sportmanship but it's also against the site "Terms of service".

Cheers.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
08 Jan 09

Regardless of how he blundered and when is irrelevant. Yes, he blundered. The fact that he's played a very good game since then and caught up with you reflects less on his play and more so on yours.

DS

Moves
08 Jan 09

Originally posted by trev33
himself, he wants to know if he'll get away with it.
Exactly what I thought πŸ˜€

I've been using my ENGINE DETECTION SOFTWARE™ for the last two years - seems to work well.

A

Moves
08 Jan 09

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Exactly what I thought πŸ˜€

I've been using my ENGINE DETECTION SOFTWARE™ for the last two years - seems to work well.
how can you get an "engine detection software"?