1. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 14:39
    First I want to point out that this is pie in the sky, and in reality it will never happen. At least, not without some extremely significant event - a catastrophic global catastrophy or aliens landing on earth.

That being said I kind of like the idea, even if it's completely unrealistic. When it comes right down to it every country's borders are completely imaginary and self imposed. Within those boarders are resources, some are tangible (like oil or coal) and some are not (technology and science). All of these resources are important and more often than not those resources aren't shared for the betterment of the world but hoarded in the spirit of competition.

What if there were no imaginary boarders to literally fight and die for? What if we no longer had to fight and die for those resources? What if all of the world's top technology and innovations in science weren't closely guarded, but shared?

If you watch Star Trek there are no countries (that I can recall). There is planet Earth, planet Vulcan, etc. And that idea actually makes more sense because really it's your home planet that sustains you, not your home country.

As I said before this is all pie in the sky. But who knows what will happen between now and the next 1000 years.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 14:46
    Fundamentally, it's a good idea, though it will probably be a long time before it happens, if it ever happens. Though you could say that the rise and expansion of the EU is a sign of things to come, even though most of the EU populace would currently oppose a European superstate.
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 14:501 edit
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    First I want to point out that this is pie in the sky, and in reality it will never happen. At least, not without some extremely significant event - a catastrophic global catastrophy or aliens landing on earth.

That being said I kind of like the idea, even if it's completely unrealistic. When it comes right down to it every country's borders ar is all pie in the sky. But who knows what will happen between now and the next 1000 years.
    The idea itself has a lot of merit. Wars, and hunger need to go away. Humans are smarter than how we have been conducting ourselves. If there is any truth to this article, then I want no part of it though.

http://educate-yourself.org/nwo/
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 15:06

That being said I kind of like the idea, even if it's completely unrealistic. When it comes right down to it every country's borders ar ...[text shortened]... is all pie in the sky. But who knows what will happen between now and the next 1000 years.
    Nationalism is on the way out. The 'new world order' will not be a unified world government, but corporations which have supplanted nation states as the ruling entities. Your citizenship will be determined not by where you live but by who you work for. The corporatocracies will be non-territorially based ruling entities.
  5. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 15:09
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Nationalism is on the way out. The 'new world order' will not be a unified world government, but corporations which have supplanted nation states as the ruling entities. Your citizenship will be determined not by where you live but by who you work for. The corporatocracies will be non-territorially based ruling entities.
    Will there be a head for these corporations?
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 15:12
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Will there be a head for these corporations?
    Not a head over all of them. Each corporatocracy will have its own head, though.
  7. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 15:13
    W.H.Auden (I realize he was long before your time) said that the only problem in the world is bigotry - anything else can be solved with a slide-rule (long, long ago!) No one needs to impose a world order. People just need to wake up and realize that their differences are not significant (certainly not worth even hurting someone's toe) but go over to the Spirituality forum and listen to people squawk their insistence that everyone must 'believe' exactly what they have rattling around in their heads for the world to be saved (or destroyed as most predict.) I seriously wonder if we as a species are smart enough to survive. It is ego that drives these deluded people (and they don't even see it - they think they actually care.) 'Belief' won't fill empty bellies, save the collaterally killed, or stop the fall off the cliff of environmental suicide. In the meantime, people that plot against each other only because they hold some alternative ideas of the shape of the universe continue to let that small-minded bigotry erode the few remaining chances that our progeny may have left to build a better life.
  8. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 15:15
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    W.H.Auden (I realize he was long before your time) said that the only problem in the world is bigotry - anything else can be solved with a slide-rule (long, long ago!) No one needs to impose a world order. People just need to wake up and realize that their differences are not significant (certainly not worth even hurting someone's toe) but go over to the ...[text shortened]... ry erode the few remaining chances that our progeny may have left to build a better life.
    I can go along with that. It didn't mention greed though.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 15:253 edits

That being said I kind of like the idea, even if it's completely unrealistic. When it comes right down to it every country's borders ar is all pie in the sky. But who knows what will happen between now and the next 1000 years.
    It is the dream of the progressive movement to have some sort of one world order. This was the idea behind the League of Nations and later the UN. I think the goal of "Progressives" is to work towards collecgtivism within each nation in which they are apart. Then as power is centralized in each individual nation, the transition to a one world government won't be so difficult. As was mentioned earlier, world wide corporate structures are the glue for this union. People will forever fight over power and money so the idea is to set the stage for doing this without physical warfare.

Although the goals of progressivism may be noble, such as the elimination of wars, is it wise? For example, could the Founding Fathers have overthrow the shackles from which they wanted to be free from the British empire? If there was a one world order at the time, the answer would be no. Would it have been preferable to remain in shackles to the Britich empire rather than go to war to overthrow them? I think the answer is yes if you are a progressive, but I would have to disagree.

For me, the goal of the Progressive movement is unattainable. We cannot sanitize the unclean. I think all that is being done is adding to the strength of the shackles that bind us now, or shackles imposed in the future. So if you become part of a one world order and find living in such a state unbearable, where will you run, or how will you fight back?

As was said by a patriot of the American Revolution, "Give me liberty or give me death". Perhaps the progressive motto should be, "GIve us "peace" and "security" on earth at any price."
  10. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 15:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    It is the dream of the progressive movement to have some sort of one world order. This was the idea behind the League of Nations and later the UN. I think the goal of "Progressives" is to work towards collecgtivism within each nation in which they are apart. Then as power is centralized in each individual nation, the transition to a one world government wo ...[text shortened]... r and find living in such a state unbearable, where will you run, or how will you fight back?
    How will you fight back? If eveyone got together they could use sticks. The NWO has thought of that already though. That is why there is no privacy. The other thing is population reduction. The bastages want nearly all of us dead. Easier to manage a few million.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 15:341 edit
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    'Belief' won't fill empty bellies, save the collaterally killed, or stop the fall off the cliff of environmental suicide. In the meantime, people that plot against each other only because they hold some alternative ideas of the shape of the universe continue to let that small-minded bigotry erode the few remaining chances that our progeny may have left to build a better life.[/b]
    But is this not a belief? You are attacking the very thing that is the formula for making things "right" which is your belief regarding the matter. I think what you are saying is, other people have beliefs that conflict with my own that are causing all the mess.

In short, our beliefs form us, shape us, drive us. Belief is how we interpret the data around us and without it, all we would have at our disposal is the raw data with no hope of giving it meaning or significance to our lives.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 15:361 edit
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    How will you fight back? If eveyone got together they could use sticks. The NWO has thought of that already though. That is why there is no privacy. The other thing is population reduction. The bastages want nearly all of us dead. Easier to manage a few million.
    Will you be the one standing in from of the column of tanks at ten amin square? LOL.

As for controlling population levels, I think you are on to something. After all, many of the progressives favor abortion and familiy planning and a few more radical ones suggest manditory sterilization in certain circumstances.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 15:37
    It is the dream of the progressive movement to have some sort of one world order. This was the idea behind the League of Nations and later the UN. I think the goal of "Progressives" is to work towards collecgtivism within each nation in which they are apart. Then as power is centralized in each individual nation, the transition to a one world government wo ...[text shortened]... progressive motto should be, "GIve us "peace" and "security" on earth at any price."
    I think your paranoia is spiraling out of control.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 15:39
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I think your paranoia is spiraling out of control.
    Paranoia? How is the progressive movement not moving towards collectivism? Of course, you could argue that very few or perhaps none of them have the goal of a one world government. However, that does not mean that they may not be unwittingly setting the stage for such an occurance.
  15. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    18 Jul '09 15:42
    Will you be the one standing in from of the column of tanks at ten amin square? LOL.

As for controlling population levels, I think you are on to something. After all, many of the progressives favor abortion and familiy planning and a few more radical ones suggest manditory sterilization in certain circumstances.
    I figure I can stand ouside of town and holler "Wolverines" with the best of them.🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree