1. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 18:17
    This was brought up in another thread:

In these two timeout victories Game 6584843 and Game 6584844 it shows that the losing
    player still had timebank remaining. (Click on the game link and then "game info" to show
    remaining timebank.)

How can timeout victory be claimed if the timebank never depleted? Can anyone else explain
    this? Maybe a bug?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 19:14
    Originally posted by Traveling Again
    This was brought up in another thread:

In these two timeout victories Game 6584843 and Game 6584844 it shows that the losing
    player still had timebank remaining. (Click on the game link and then "game info" to show
    remaining timebank.)

How can timeout victory be claimed if the timebank never depleted? Can anyone else explain
    this? Maybe a bug?
    I believe that's how much time the user HAD left when the next move was made.

Once the time ran out, the winner clicked the skull ending the game.

This question comes up way too often, admins should consider fixing this confusing aspect of timed games.

P-
  3. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 20:33
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

This question comes up way too often, admins should consider fixing this confusing aspect of timed games.

P-

But if the user had any time left how did a skull become available?

Time (according to the game info) did not run out. The player who was "timed out" still had time remaining in their timebank.

And aren't all games on this site "timed" games?

Just to compare, here are a few examples of games won by timeout. If you click on each game's "game info" you'll see that the losing player had zero days of timebank left.
    I believe the only time a skull appears is when timebank is at zero (and the timebankless player is not on vacation.)

Game 6151787
    Game 6151788
    Game 6405075
    Game 5425212
    Game 5425205

Am I missing something here? It seems that the two games mentioned in the first post were somehow mistakenly won on timeout. The player still had timebank time left.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 20:551 edit
    [b]I believe that's how much time the user HAD left when the next move was made.

But if the user had any time left how did a skull become available?

Time (according to the game info) did not run out. The player who was "timed out" still had time remaining in t post were somehow mistakenly won on timeout. The player still had timebank time left.[/b]
    Thread 98863

The first point was speculation that the time was what the LOSER had on THEIR last move. Nothing more. Not the time left when the skull came up. The loser let the time run out.

Read the thread, been around the barn long enough to know that time bank HAD expired in this game.

P-
  5. Standard memberTraveling Again
    I'm 1/4 Ninja
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 21:151 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Thread 98863

The first point was speculation that the time was what the LOSER had on THEIR last move. Nothing more. Not the time left when the skull came up. The loser let the time run out.

Read the thread, been around the barn long enough to know that time bank HAD expired in this game.

P-
    Sigh.

So if you knew it was likely a bug with the end-of-game data then why didn't you just say so in your first post?

That's all I was looking for. Then I wouldn't have wasted my time with my second post pointing out how your first response didn't answer the question.

Sigh again.

edit: Sigh.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    25 Aug '09 21:45
    Sigh.

So if you knew it was likely a bug with the end-of-game data then why didn't you just say so in your first post?

That's all I was looking for. Then I wouldn't have wasted my time with my second post pointing out how your first response didn't answer the question.

Sigh again.

edit: Sigh.
    I'm not a technician!

😉

Like I said, would be nice if the admins would just fix it since this question has come up countless times.

P-
  7. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    26 Aug '09 03:24
    Nice to see you back Phlabibit. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree