Fritz Trouble

Fritz Trouble

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
19 May 10

So, I guess you thought I was gone, but I am still keeping an eye on the site. I am just not really playing correspondence at the moment as I have had a pretty good run of form in real life and dont want to stunt my abilities to calculate positions by using the mini boards.

Anyway, I hath a question that those skilled in the dark arts of computers might be able to help me with.
I have been creating a collection of games on fritz 12, but the trouble I am having is that I am not able to delete the unwanted ones at all - it puts a line through them but they are still there and it is most annoying as I want to update things a bit to add tournaments I have played and opponent ratings and what not but I am stuck with all these undeleted ones in the way.
Does anyone have any advice for me?

MR

Moves
19 May 10

Originally posted by Tyrannosauruschex
So, I guess you thought I was gone, but I am still keeping an eye on the site. I am just not really playing correspondence at the moment as I have had a pretty good run of form in real life and dont want to stunt my abilities to calculate positions by using the mini boards.

Anyway, I hath a question that those skilled in the dark arts of comput ...[text shortened]... t but I am stuck with all these undeleted ones in the way.
Does anyone have any advice for me?
In Fritz 8, you can do it by going to the database window menu and selecting "Tools", "Database", and then "Remove deleted games". It's like packing a database, but Chessbase just doesn't use that term. Hopefully this feature hasn't changed in the newer versions.

s

Moves
19 May 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Mad Rook
In Fritz 8, you can do it by going to the database window menu and selecting "Tools", "Database", and then "Remove deleted games". It's like packing a database, but Chessbase just doesn't use that term. Hopefully this feature hasn't changed in the newer versions.
It's similar in Fritz 12. Go to database tab. Then drop down menu under database functions. Remove deleted games.

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
19 May 10

Excelent! Thanks for that - its looking much tidier now.

e4

Moves
19 May 10

"....and dont want to stunt my abilities to calculate positions
by using the mini boards. "

WormWood are you reading this?

Cheers Chex.

R

The Smoke

Moves
19 May 10
1 edit

Originally posted by greenpawn34

Cheers Chex.
and your point being, dear GP? the person in question Thread 130265 did not say he's playing OTB chess, did he? whereas T.Chex is... so, Wormwood's advice (2d vs 3d) is as valid...

GP, are you reading this? 😉

w
If Theres Hell Below

We're All Gonna Go!

Moves
19 May 10

Originally posted by greenpawn34

Cheers Chex.
I'm sure he's talking about the exclusive use of analysis board affecting calculation ability. which would happen just as much using a 3d analysis board as with a 2d board.

e4

Moves
19 May 10

Hi Renars and WW.

Looks like you are not reading this:

"I am just not really playing correspondence at the moment
as I have had a pretty good run of form in real life...."

He's doing it OTB.

Greenpawn 1 Renars and WW 0 😉

K

Moves
20 May 10

There's a bit of confusion here. Renars is referring to jman566, not T'chex when he says he's not concentrating on OTB.

Also, i don't think T'chess' point was that 2d is bad, just that in OTB you don't have an analysis board at all to play around on like you do in cc and which can tempt a person into being a bit lazy in using their calculation skills - "will I imagine the board in 5 moves time... nup, I'll put the pieces there and see what I think".

T
Mr T

I pity the fool!

Moves
20 May 10

I do enjoy the mini boards while playing correspondence, and the visualisation is always superior to what it is possible to reach by doing it mentally, so for those who are never likely to pick up a real piece then there is no reason not to use them exclusively but for me I need to be fairly regimented with my training for the time being - at least until I hit another brick wall and my grade levels out somewhere, then ill probably want a bit more of a taste of the long stuff.