1. Joined
    18 Mar '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 21:313 edits
    A ladder game with no moves for 9 months
    TGame 7081830

One is defending, the other is 'leaving'.. so nothing happens and it limits people trying to move up there as they cant be challenged.

Can't there be the automatic timeout as in tournaments, after some days?
  2. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    10 Oct '10 22:33
    Originally posted by BartVH
    TGame 7081830

One is defending, the other is 'leaving'.. so nothing happens and it limits people trying to move up there as they cant be challenged.

Good idea
  3. Joined
    09 Apr '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 18:291 edit
    I've seen another similar scenario where one person challenged another and the defender has never made an opening move and his time has long since expired.

Are you allowed to claim a timeout if no move has been made in the game? Or does the challenger need to delete the game and challenge someone else?

If the challenger has no option but to delete the game then it feels like the defender is not living up to the expectations of playing in a ladder by exploiting a loophole.
  4. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 19:51
    Originally posted by TheSurgeon
    I've seen another similar scenario where one person challenged another and the defender has never made an opening move and his time has long since expired.

Are you allowed to claim a timeout if no move has been made in the game? Or does the challenger need to delete the game and challenge someone else?

If the challenger has no option but to delete ...[text shortened]... defender is not living up to the expectations of playing in a ladder by exploiting a loophole.
    Yes you can claim the timeout win.

The problem only arises where both players have "left the site".
  5. Joined
    09 Apr '08
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 21:04
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Yes you can claim the timeout win.

Strange then why the challenger has not just claimed the win in this case. You would think he would happily take the win and move up the ladder.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    12 Oct '10 23:03
    Both players have left the site, in this case.
  7. Joined
    09 Apr '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '10 19:40
    No because I'm actively playing back and forth with the challenger since I had challenged him and he is moving in our game.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 04:01
    In that case, we're no longer talking about Game 7081830 because neither of them has moved on the site in several months.
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 12:25
    Originally posted by adramforall
    no it doesn't. if both players have left the site like in this case the game and their places on the ladder become completely irrelevant... unless one of the was holding the top spot, then people could feel annoyed. the problem reaches his height when the attacker leaves the site and the defender doesn't take the time out but still continues to attack, he can only move up the ladder. that's why there should be automatic timeouts after 2 days in the ladders, not for cases like this holding up a couple of minor spots on the ladder.
  10. Joined
    09 Apr '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '10 16:012 edits
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    In that case, we're no longer talking about Game 7081830 because neither of them has moved on the site in several months.
    Correct, I was giving a different example for further support of the idea of an automated timeout. Also, my example sounds more like the case that trev33 is talking about.
  11. Joined
    26 Dec '09
    Moves
    16 Oct '10 23:39
    Originally posted by BartVH
    TGame 7081830

Ladders are full of games like that. The same applies to sieges, for example Game 7287033, where the last move was made on the 5th of April. I think automatic timeouts should be enforced for all non-friendly games, ie ladder, siege and clan games.
    The related problem is with sieges, when both the defender (who has no incentive anyway) and the first player in a queue fail to start a new game, for example yellow board 21/14 - a player has been in a queue for almost 2 years, the game finished on the 11th of April, yet the new game was not started, and no one, apart from those two players can do anything about that. So I think the new siege games should be triggered automatically as well.
  12. Joined
    18 Mar '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '10 04:39
    Exactly.

And are there any site admins listening to their customers here?!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree