The Greenhorn Opening Trap

The Greenhorn Opening Trap

Only Chess

e4

Joined
06 May 08
Moves
43321
30 Dec 11

Plus:

A picture of a Chess sandcastle.
What I did in a submarine in the 1980's.
Three Queen sacs ending in a corridor mates.
A Book Review (well kind of) Rocking the Ramparts.
A New Opening Trap with Prof.Natterjack (give it a try)
A fresh Assassin Pawn Mate.
Pawn Fork Trick Blunders.

Simply loads of stuff all backed up with RHP examples:

Blog 4

m

In attack

Joined
02 Mar 06
Moves
30168
30 Dec 11

Iceland has had a record 31 cm of snow in one day today, if it lasts until the 4th January I'll build a snow chess piece then (it may not be a knight though, that is beyond my artistic ability). Happy New Year 🙂

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Joined
21 Aug 09
Moves
113724
30 Dec 11

I began my chess life as a big fan of John Nunn, and patterned my black opening repertoire after him- sort of like an 8 year old who finds his Dad's liquor cabinet unlocked, with roughly the same result!

S

Joined
27 Apr 07
Moves
120198
12 Jan 12

Wowzers, check out the great finish to this game, which I believe is consistent with the theme of this thread.

[Event "October 2010 Quartets X"]
[Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
[Date "2011.07.04"]
[EndDate "2011.12.30"]
[Round "2"]
[White "gambit05"]
[Black "steinbass"]
[WhiteRating "2231"]
[BlackRating "1870"]
[WhiteElo "2231"]
[BlackElo "1870"]
[Result "1-0"]
[GameId "8537387"]

E
Anansi

Woodshed

Joined
16 Apr 07
Moves
35523
12 Jan 12

Awesome!!!

d

Joined
12 Jan 12
Moves
48
12 Jan 12

Smooth finish!

e4

Joined
06 May 08
Moves
43321
12 Jan 12

I was hoping to see a game where some unfortunate chappie had
been caught with the Greenhorn Trap.

However I was disapointed. Good alert wrap up.

PS:
Skeeter has just PM'd me.

She says SmittyTime posted games are the best. 🙂

t

Joined
04 Sep 10
Moves
5716
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by greenpawn34
PS:
Skeeter has just PM'd me.

She says SmittyTime posted games are the best. 🙂
you've got NO proof of this! you are just trying to get attention to your thread by using skeeters name!

e4

Joined
06 May 08
Moves
43321
12 Jan 12
3 edits

I ran her PM through Rybka...It's her alright.

Sentence structure = 75%
Spelling = 90%
Grammar = 25%

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Joined
28 Dec 04
Moves
53301
12 Jan 12

Originally posted by greenpawn34
I ran her PM through Rybka...It's her alright.

Sentence structure = 75%
Spelling = 90%
Grammar = 25%
How could she PM if she is banned?

e4

Joined
06 May 08
Moves
43321
13 Jan 12

Easy.

I set my system date back to two days before she was banned and there she was.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Joined
24 Jan 11
Moves
13644
13 Jan 12
2 edits

Originally posted by SmittyTime
Wowzers, check out the great finish to this game, which I believe is consistent with the theme of this thread.

[Event "October 2010 Quartets X"]
[Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
[Date "2011.07.04"]
[EndDate "2011.12.30"]
[Round "2"]
[White "gambit05"]
[Black "steinbass"]
[WhiteRating "2231"]
[BlackRating "1870"]
[WhiteElo "2231"]
[BlackElo g8xg7 30. Rd3g3 Kg7h7 31. Be2d3 f5 32. exf6 Kh7h8 33. Rh3xh6 1-0[/pgn]
That looks like a master level game. Was the White player a chess master?

P.S. 28...Rfc8 may save black for the black king would have an escape
sguare. But seeing that is due to my RJ Hindsight.

g
Mad Murdock

I forgot

Joined
05 May 05
Moves
20526
13 Jan 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
That looks like a master level game. Was the White player a chess master?

P.S. 28...Rfc8 may save black for the black king would have an escape
sguare. But seeing that is due to my RJ Hindsight.
No, that wasn't a Master. That was one of my recent wins.

It was relatively easy to see the mate in 5 with most of the pieces on excellent squares. More difficult and challenging are the sacs where you can't calculate the immediate outcome.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Joined
04 Sep 04
Moves
245624
13 Jan 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
How could she PM if she is banned?
He never said it was via RHP, he just said skeeter PM'd him.

🙄

e4

Joined
06 May 08
Moves
43321
14 Jan 12

Alas I was just joking.

Have I really got to put a 🙂 after everything I write.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.