1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 06:23
    What do you think about splitting this forum into a Religion forum and a Philosophy forum? I could go into it, but would rather see your reactions.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 07:45
    Originally posted by JS357
    What do you think about splitting this forum into a Religion forum and a Philosophy forum? I could go into it, but would rather see your reactions.
    There aren't enough philosophy posters to make it worth while. Besides, unless you can ban dasa from the philosophy forum it wouldn't achieve what is most likely your real reason for splitting it.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 09:24
    i posted this (creating a philosophy section) in ideas forum. nothing became of it.

spirituality is basically "christianity and dasa" forum, i can't go into debates because it's mostly "american politics" forum and i won't participate into science forum because it's science, there is not much room to debate in it. (though i do enjoy it from time to time)

do continue with this, however. if there is a poll at some point, i will definitely vote yes on the philosophy forum.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 09:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    There aren't enough philosophy posters to make it worth while. Besides, unless you can ban dasa from the philosophy forum it wouldn't achieve what is most likely your real reason for splitting it.
    you can't ban dasa from the forums, on what grounds? he doesn't break any rules and he abstains lately from calling for genocide.

you shouldn't ban dasa from the forums, it would set a precedent on banning anyone the majority or the mods don't agree with.

i have been calling again and again for people to ignore him. yet people still feel the need to feel better about themselves by explaining to a complete lunatic why he is so. like feeling better you know more arithmetic than a 2 year old.

let the philosophy forum be created. and let anything started by dasa be ignored. i would rather have this forum and have to ignore about 20 of his threads than not have it at all
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 10:10
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you can't ban dasa from the forums, on what grounds?
    I didn't suggest we could. I was merely pointing out the futility of creating a new forum to try and get away from him.

let the philosophy forum be created. and let anything started by dasa be ignored. i would rather have this forum and have to ignore about 20 of his threads than not have it at all
    Why not just have a few philosophy threads in the spirituality forum and ignore any comments from dasa (if you can help it).
    You could even put [philosophy] in the thread titles.

My experience with philosophy is that when the people who know what they are talking about start posting its too deep for me and I get lost.
    Also the vast majority of interesting philosophy topics are strongly related to religious issues.
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 11:24
    I don't think it's worthwhile. The creationists and other religious fundamentalists just get a new forum to share their ignorance in.

I would be positive, if it was heavily moderated, and every thread going religious (spritual) moved without delay back to where it belongs, but this take time and effort from the Forum Moderators so I don't think it would be done.

Let the philosophy stay in spiritual, or debate.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 12:02
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I don't think it's worthwhile. The creationists and other religious fundamentalists just get a new forum to share their ignorance in.

I would be positive, if it was heavily moderated, and every thread going religious (spritual) moved without delay back to where it belongs, but this take time and effort from the Forum Moderators so I don't think it would be done.

Let the philosophy stay in spiritual, or debate.
    i say its a great idea, the secular liberalists with their aesthetic agenda get to
    pontificate their limited knowledge, the spiritually inclined get to explore unlimited
    possibilities because we have not limited our search for truth to merely material causes.
  8. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 12:161 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    i say its a great idea, the secular liberalists with their aesthetic agenda get to
    pontificate their limited knowledge, the spiritually inclined get to explore unlimited
    possibilities because we have not limited our search for truth to merely material causes.
    How someone who confessed to being 'closed minded' and 'ignorant' can come out with a statement like that is truly astonishing.

The serach for truth is limited by the evidence, your search is limited to what some unknown person wrote 2000 years ago or beyond. If it conflicts with the Bible then it's dismissed out of hand without even taking a look at it.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 12:31
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    How someone who confessed to being 'closed minded' and 'ignorant' can come out with a statement like that is truly astonishing.

The serach for truth is limited by the evidence, your search is limited to what some unknown person wrote 2000 years ago or beyond. If it conflicts with the Bible then it's dismissed out of hand without even taking a look at it.
    have you limited your search for truth to purely materialistic agencies, yes, then you
    are closed minded!
  10. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 12:34
    have you limited your search for truth to purely materialistic agencies, yes, then you
    are closed minded!
    I have limited my serach to the evidence Rob.
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 12:39
    are closed minded!
    We can easily settle this. I am more than happy for you to send me any book you so desire, i will read it and then we can discuss the contents of the book. Are you willing to reciprocate the offer?
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 13:23
    I can see why you would stay out of the philosophy forum.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 14:55
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I can see why you would stay out of the philosophy forum.
    and i can see why you would want to stay out of any forum.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 14:56
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    We can easily settle this. I am more than happy for you to send me any book you so desire, i will read it and then we can discuss the contents of the book. Are you willing to reciprocate the offer?
    read Gods word the Bible, daily.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Feb '12 16:17
    read Gods word the Bible, daily.
    So are you willing to reciprocate his offer, or do you concede that you are more closed minded than he is?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree