1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 16:08
    Saturday, noon EST, go to blitz and it is empty, not working. If I hit offer game, nothing happens. Anyone else see that?
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 16:36
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Saturday, noon EST, go to blitz and it is empty, not working. If I hit offer game, nothing happens. Anyone else see that?
    Did you check the help box at the bottom of the screen?
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 17:201 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Did you check the help box at the bottom of the screen?
    At the bottom of which screen? There is no help box on Blitz that I see and nothing saying help at the bottom of the RHP screen, there is a help line at the top of the RHP screen. Is that what you are talking about?

I went to help at the top of the screen and found help forums which had a message about blitz and there were two messages there saying blitz was dead and no reply so I guess that answers my question. Poor Blitz is dead.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 17:40
    At the bottom of which screen? There is no help box on Blitz that I see and nothing saying help at the bottom of the RHP screen, there is a help line at the top of the RHP screen. Is that what you are talking about?

I went to help at the top of the screen and found help forums which had a message about blitz and there were two messages there saying blitz was dead and no reply so I guess that answers my question. Poor Blitz is dead.
    The box is labeled "Blitz Beta provisional help." It's below the blitz window.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 21:22
    Here's the text:

Blitz Beta provisional help
    The application may take a few minutes to load on a slow connection the first time you visit RHP Blitz. If after a short wait, nothing changes, then please check you have the most recent version of Macromedia Flash installed.
    Unable to connect? This is probably due to a firewall blocking the required port for blitz chess to work correctly. Port 1935 must be open. You will therefore be unlikely to be able to play in your workplace.
    Note : All blitz games are currently played unrated. Only your correspondence games will impact your rating.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 22:51
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Here's the text:

[b]Blitz Beta provisional help

The application may take a few minutes to load on a slow connection the first time you visit RHP Blitz. If after a short wait, nothing changes, then please check you have the most recent version of Macromedia Flash installed.
    Unable to connect? This is probably due to a firewall blocking the required ...[text shortened]... itz games are currently played unrated. Only your correspondence games will impact your rating.[/b]
    Ok, I know what you are talking about but I have used blitz for years and it just died.

Can you check to see if you get in? If so, maybe I need to upgrade flash.
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    06 Oct '12 23:00
    Ok, I know what you are talking about but I have used blitz for years and it just died.

Can you check to see if you get in? If so, maybe I need to upgrade flash.
    It's down for me too.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Oct '12 09:531 edit
    There was a problem over the weekend. Blitz is now back up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree