1. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Feb '14 11:41
    there should be the ability for the organiser to set a start date independent of the tourney being filled. There are a lot of pending tournaments out there which might start at some date when some of the people having wanted to partake month or years ago will have vanished.

If we would have such a start date people could better organise.
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Feb '14 04:02
    Or some facility to throw the part-filled tournament into the public arena to allow it to fill and proceed.
  3. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    22 Feb '14 02:371 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    there should be the ability for the organiser to set a start date independent of the tourney being filled. There are a lot of pending tournaments out there which might start at some date when some of the people having wanted to partake month or years ago will have vanished.

If we would have such a start date people could better organise.
    As mentioned previously to you; I wondered about the 'high rate duel' tourney's that user Amsterdamn so adeptly created on a number of occasions...the invited field would sit waiting, and waiting, for months and many multiples of months, for it to fill...maybe one such tourney ( I think they started in '08 approx ) is still actively recruiting when half the entered field is \ was, shall we say, 'no longer welcome here' lol...
    Edit: I think the joke, certainly amongst the game moderators, went something along the lines of, 'who dares to enter the high rate duel...win or lose you'd most certainly better be legit if you want to make it to the next round' ...the more tourney's Amsterdamn created, the more it was noticeable just how many players would enter then withdraw, enter then withdraw, perhaps aware that they'd best not push their luck any further 'so openly' here...and I also remember Amsterdamn telling me that he'd get players messaging him, quite irate, to ask why he'd picked on them with a personal invite to such a tourney...
    oh how those were the days lols...
  4. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 15:47
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Or some facility to throw the part-filled tournament into the public arena to allow it to fill and proceed.
    I've always liked this idea. I think it should be only open for two weeks. And after that let everyone who wants in in for a day and then start on the start of the 16th day.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 01:29
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    How about: after X successful private tourneys, you get to just make public ones.

Really not sure why Russ hasn't delegated that long ago.
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Apr '14 10:23
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    How about: after X successful private tourneys, you get to just make public ones.

Really not sure why Russ hasn't delegated that long ago.
    A good idea which should be supported by more members

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree