1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 07:392 edits
    A small number of users with names that were just numeric have had an "a" appended to their name during the recent update. If your account name changed, and you strongly dislike the new name, then send site feedback to get your account name changed.
  2. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    12 Jul '14 15:292 edits
    Originally posted by Russ
    A small number of users with names that were just numeric have had an "a" appended to their name during the recent update. If your account name changed, and you strongly dislike the new name, then send site feedback to get your account name changed.
    Hello Russ,
    When I click on this players name or profile; http://www.redhotpawn.com/chess-player/anom-asil \ I get this message: "Unknown Player
    "Sorry, this player is not known at Red Hot Pawn. If you linked to this page, please hit the back button on your browser. Alternatively, click here to visit the home page."
    Does this change have anything to do with this? Can you explain why I get this message when I click on this players name to look at their stats? Thanks for your time Russ.
    God Bless,
    David
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Jul '14 15:293 edits
    This is an issue with some of the names created prior to the "hyphen" being a prohibited character for user accounts.

Only a two active users are impacted, and will have their account name updated to reflect this (hyphens will become spaces).

If you are one of these two account owners, and you feel strongly about the removed hyphen, you can send feedback to discuss a new account name.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Jul '14 18:10
    A working link is now :

@anom-asil

The hyphen has been removed from their name, but rather ironically, you need to reinsert it when making a forum link. (Hyphens replace spaces)
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 15:382 edits
    So can usernames have spaces now? Or is this just a "grandfathering in" type thing?

Never mind, yes, I realize there are names that had spaces already.

Nothing to see here, I'll be going now. 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree