1. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    15 Jul '18 22:02
    Hello all–

First post back in a while, dealing with a classic correspondence game, The Office, and a tournament win. Rather short, but I should be back next Sunday. Enjoy!

Blog Post 387

Best,
    Orion LE
  2. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    15 Jul '18 22:59
    The Traxler is very sharp indeed, if White is not careful then things can go awry very quickly...
    Especially if White plays Nxf7 rather than Bxf7, I did a study on this not too long ago.

By the way is your name really Orion?
    If so, pretty awesome.

Cheers,
    Zak
  3. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 18:34
    Yup! That's my name. Decided to start signing it to the work I do rather than a pseudonym I lifted from a comic book when I was twelve. I'm planning to maybe expand more specifically in some variations of the Traxler next post– if it's not too much trouble could you send me a link to the study you did? Sounds like interesting stuff.
  4. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    16 Jul '18 19:13
    Originally posted by @hikarushindo
    Yup! That's my name. Decided to start signing it to the work I do rather than a pseudonym I lifted from a comic book when I was twelve. I'm planning to maybe expand more specifically in some variations of the Traxler next post– if it's not too much trouble could you send me a link to the study you did? Sounds like interesting stuff.
    Certainly, Orion, see thread below:

Thread 176413

What inspired my usage of the Traxler was sites such as this one:
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chesscollection?cid=1008357

Open that page and scroll down, you'll see several games of the Traxler, most of them ending in Black's favour!

Bxf7+ is not so clear, it is harder for Black to gain the initiative after this.
    Your game with Kunsoo was wild indeed.

If you like, we could have an unrated game in the Traxler after Bxf7+
    yourself on the White end, me on the Black end?

Cheers,
    Zak
  5. Joined
    08 Apr '12
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 18:29
    Hello Zak,

Thanks for replying with the thread; I don't know how I missed it the first go-round, but it's interesting stuff!
    I'll send you a game.

Best,
    Orion
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 09:31
    Originally posted by @hikarushindo
    Yup! That's my name.
    Better be careful around scorpions, then.
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jul '18 16:02
    Originally posted by @64squaresofpain
    The Traxler is very sharp indeed, if White is not careful then things can go awry very quickly...
    Especially if White plays Nxf7 rather than Bxf7, I did a study on this not too long ago.

By the way is your name really Orion?
    If so, pretty awesome.

Cheers,
    Zak
    So BX + and accept just harvesting a pawn, rather than the bit where black gets in ITS check and then check with knight etc.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree