1. e4
    Moves
    10 Apr '23 14:011 edit

Game two and some pictures. Tomorrow is a rest day.

Blog Post 552
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '23 14:35
    @greenpawn34
    Interesting - the Tarrasch seems to have become a fashion at my club as well, but nothing as aggressive as this!
  3. Joined
    15 Dec '20
    Moves
    10 Apr '23 17:24
    @shallow-blue said
    @greenpawn34
    Interesting - the Tarrasch seems to have become a fashion at my club as well, but nothing as aggressive as this!
    The game actually transposed into a Queen's Gambit Accepted, where White's h3... wasn't terribly useful (as Geoff remarked). I used to play the QGA and liked it, but it's sharp and Black had better know what (s)he's doing.
  4. e4
    Moves
    10 Apr '23 21:04
    Hi David,

Yeah, a QGA I was looking at it possibly being a Tarrasch from White's side which is
    the only reason I could figure why play 4.h3 if not to transpose to Black defence as White with g4 covered. Strange play indeed.

I cannot really blame 4.h3 for the loss - White is allowed to lose a tempo in the
    opening and playing White as Black reversed is a bit of a trend. I used to do it myself.

5. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    11 Apr '23 17:49
    @fmdavidhlevin said
    The game actually transposed into a Queen's Gambit Accepted, where White's h3... wasn't terribly useful
    Yes - I've noticed that all kinds of variants of the QG are quite willing to morph into one another, or into the Grünfeld or Catalan or several others. I have to tell you, it makes writing the weekly club report a fraught exercise for a wood-pusher like me. At least with the Morra, I know where I stand.
  6. e4
    Moves
    13 Apr '23 08:14
    Hi Shallow-Blue,

If in doubt - leave it out, though miscalling an opening is not too important.

My comments are my first thoughts and I note up the game as it happens.
    When Nepo played c5 I was thinking this could go into a reversed Tarrasch
    and h3 might be very handy. (or not) easy enough for me to edit the line but
    that would be like taking a move back. I only edited for spelling or if I missed
    out a word. If I drop a real clanger and way off course I'll admit it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree