1. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    12 Mar '06 23:54
    http://evolution-facts.org/default.htm
    I just don't know anymore. My favourite page?

http://evolution-facts.org/worldviews-violence.htm
    The human and dinosaur buddy tracks and next to it a graph attempting to blame crime on the teaching of evolution in schools.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 00:20
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ

The human and dinosaur buddy tracks and next to it a graph attempting to blame crime on the teaching of evolution in schools.
    And until now I was convinced that creationists were a myth perpetuated by evolutionists to demosntrate that religion was wrong. 😲

And another thing. The site says, that not even a four year old would believe that living organisms were spontaneously generated by physical processes (not the exact wording of course... these are creationists if the myth is correct). However, I vividly recall explaining to a friend when I was six the theory of abiogenisis. Obviously i was suffering from severe mental retardation. and because i still believe it, I musn't have recovered. 😞
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 00:42

Not exactly sure where they found these numbers, perhaps Divine Revelation, but according to the official numbers crime has risen about 80% since 1963 (which I seriously doubt was the first year evolution was taught in the schools as science - what was it taught as before that?) not 995%. http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

Of course, the crime rate peaked in 1991 and has declined by about 33% since then. I presume that the schools in the US must have stopped teaching evolution in 33% of the schools.
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 01:30
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    Obviously i was suffering from severe mental retardation. and because i still believe it, I musn't have recovered. 😞
    However, I vividly recall explaining to a friend when I was six the theory of abiogenisis.
    Did you mean abiogenesis? That is, the supposed development of living organisms from nonliving matter? This was probably the same friend who believed you when you asserted that Fred Flintstone could beat up Batman. Hopefully, your friend has found more sophisticated people with which to associate.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 02:19
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    [b]However, I vividly recall explaining to a friend when I was six the theory of abiogenisis.
    Did you mean abiogenesis? That is, the supposed development of living organisms from nonliving matter? This was probably the same friend who believed you when you asserted that Fred Flintstone could beat up Batman. Hopefully, your friend has found more sophisticated people with which to associate.[/b]
    Well i didn't eactly call it abiogenesis when i was having the discussion. But I
    did explain (minus the chemical verbiage) how life began in a "chemical soup". Point is, i believed in it which according to the web site means I was less intelligent then a four year old.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 02:26
    Point is, i believed in it which according to the web site means I was less intelligent then a four year old.
    Or, just as gullible (try finding that word in the dictionary).
    And, of course, your understanding of the idiotic concept was organic.
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 02:29
    [b]However, I vividly recall explaining to a friend when I was six the theory of abiogenisis.
    Did you mean abiogenesis? That is, the supposed development of living organisms from nonliving matter? This was probably the same friend who believed you when you asserted that Fred Flintstone could beat up Batman. Hopefully, your friend has found more sophisticated people with which to associate.[/b]
    Funny you should mention the Flintstones.
  8. Standard membergollumprawn
    it's mine
    manchester, england
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 02:43
    Funny you should mention the Flintstones.
    no no no you all got it wrong, it was the simpsons
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 02:55
    [b]Point is, i believed in it which according to the web site means I was less intelligent then a four year old.
    Or, just as gullible (try finding that word in the dictionary).
    And, of course, your understanding of the idiotic concept was organic.[/b]
    I'm confused are you insulting me or the site?
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 03:471 edit

Yikes.

I like the 'Utterly Impossible' Section
    http://evolution-facts.org/Ev-Crunch/c24.htm

My favorite quote from that page:
    "Regardless of what the evolutionists may claim, Creation is not a theory; it is a proven scientific fact."
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 03:54
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Not exactly sure where they found these numbers, perhaps Divine Revelation, but according to the official numbers crime has risen about 80% since 1963 (which I seriously doubt was the first year evolution was taught in the schools as science - what was it taught as before that?) not 995%. http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

Of cours ...[text shortened]... I presume that the schools in the US must have stopped teaching evolution in 33% of the schools.
    Holy spurious regression!
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 04:001 edit
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Yikes.

I like the 'Utterly Impossible' Section
    http://evolution-facts.org/Ev-Crunch/c24.htm

My favorite quote from that page:
    "Regardless of what the evolutionists may claim, Creation is not a theory; it is a proven scientific fact."
    I never knew people could actually be so dumb!
    Here’s a selected quote:

The frog will be sitting in the jungle minding its own business, when an enemy, such as a snake or rat, will come along.
    Instantly, that frog will jump and turn around, so that its back is now facing the intruder. In that same instance, the frog changed its colors!
    Now the enemy sees a big head, nose, mouth, and two black and blues eyes!
    All this looks so real—with even a black pupil with a blue iris around it. Yet the frog cannot see any of this, for the very highly intelligently designed markings are on its back!
    The normal sitting position of this frog is head high and back low. But when the predator comes, he quickly turns around, so his back faces the predator! In addition, the frog puts his head low to the ground and his hind parts high. In this position, to the enemy viewing him, he appears to be a large rat’s head! In just the right location is that face and eyes staring at you!
    The frog’s hind legs are tucked away together underneath his eyes—and they look like a large mouth! As he moves his hind legs, the mouth appears to move! The part of the frog’s body that once was a tadpole’s snail—now looks like a perfectly formed nose, and it is just at the right location!
    To the side of the fake face, there appear long claws! These are the frog’s toes! As the frog tucks his legs to the sides of his body, he purposely lifts up two toes from each hind foot—and curls them out, so they will look like a couple of weird hooks.
    And the frog does all this in one second!
    At this, the predator leaves, feeling quite defeated. But that which it left behind is a tasty, defenceless, weak frog which can turn around quickly, but cannot hop away very fast.
    The frog will never see that face on itself, so it did not put the face there. Someone very intelligent put that face there! And the face was put there by being programmed into its genes.

I never knew that evolution entailed the conscious choice of variation. There I’ve been thinking about natural selection. Well, doesn’t that prove I have the IQ of a four year old?
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 04:091 edit
    I never knew people could actually be so dumb!
    Here’s a selected quote:

The frog will be sitting in the jungle minding its own business, when an enemy, such as a snake or rat, will come along.
    Instantly, that frog will jump and turn around, so that its back is now facing the intruder. In that same instance, the frog changed its colors!
    Now the e een thinking about natural selection. Well, doesn’t that prove I have the IQ of a four year old?
    LOL. Just to drive that example home (and because it is just too funny to leave out):

There is no human being in the world smart enough—unaided and without mirrors—to draw anything worthwhile on his own back. How then could a frog do it?

It cannot see its back, just as you cannot see yours. The task is an impossible one. And, to make matters more impossible, it does it without hands! Could you, unaided by devices or others, accurately draw a picture on your back? No. Could you do it simply by making colors to emerge on the skin? A thousand times, No.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 05:44
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    LOL. Just to drive that example home (and because it is just too funny to leave out):

There is no human being in the world smart enough—unaided and without mirrors—to draw anything worthwhile on his own back. How then could a frog do it?

It cannot see its back, just as you cannot see yours. The task is an impossible one. And, to make matters mor ...[text shortened]... ck? No. Could you do it simply by making colors to emerge on the skin? A thousand times, No.
    In retrospect i think this web site was created with whole intention of marring
    any creationist argument by pumping it with wild assertions. No one could possibly be so stupid as to assert that frogs couldn't have evolved because they can't see their own back. And if there is someone so stupid doesn't that disprove creationism? How could this "really intelligent being" create such a moroninc organism.
  15. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    13 Mar '06 05:47
    In retrospect i think this web site was created with whole intention of marring
    any creationist argument by pumping it with wild assertions. No one could possibly be so stupid as to assert that frogs couldn't have evolved because they can't see their own back. And if there is someone so stupid doesn't that disprove creationism? How could this "really intelligent being" create such a moroninc organism.
    Creationists are proof there is no intelligent creator.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree